Iron man holographic Jarvis keyboard Glass print in it finished!

nlschutd

hey guy's starting with my first project over here

want to make a replica of the holographic jarvis keyboard tony stark uses in the first iron man movie. i am open to idea's but i think i got the most already vigured out :p

the panel of course will be glass and i think the best way to get the symbols in the glass is to let it be done by a laser. and then light it with LED lights that of course you cant see through the glass :p

it wont be fully functional as a keyboard but it will look pretty good i think

i have ALOT of material to work with ( concept art/movie pics/ and internet of course :p ) but if you guy's have more :p i am glad to see it

i think it wil take some time so i wont be here Every day.

Begin of THE project cardboard mold

scaled.php

plexiglass cut

scaled.php

and finaly the glass ! 8mm thick

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

iron man concept book photo's are realy usefull

scaled.php

blueprint of the keyboard made by eyeofsauron ! thanks for the work if i do a run of this i will add this blue-print but first need to see if it looks good for my self :p

iron_man_digital_keyboard_blueprints_final_by_eyeofsauron-d4ya3iw.jpg

few photo's of the glass with keyboard prints in it, it was alot of work but didnt expect this project to be easy ( next step the lights ).

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

and another update with flashlight on my girlfriends iphone :p to bright but you can see it works

scaled.php

scaled.php

Last edited:
Re: Iron man holographic Jarvis keyboard build

Definitely seems like it will be a lot of work, but if you can pull it off, that is going to be one SWEET display piece :)

You could try backing the glass with an el sheet instead of LEDs as this will give an even distribution of light just a thought

What about those signs you usually see in restaurant windows that use a pen that when written gives the letters a glow effect, you could make a template and empty the ink from one of the pens into an airbrush.

That way you could just have LEDs embedded in the black side piece tucked away, but would give you a nice edge glow to the clear piece and allow the keys to illuminate.
Just an idea, but that's how I would do it.

Good luck with the build, I expect to see progress pictures. :lol

What about those signs you usually see in restaurant windows

yes this is what i ment, they ar lighted from the side and the only glow see is at the tekst/picture it self.

today i am going to ask if the local glass cutter can cut it in the shape i want :p

While glass would probably be the most ideal, a polycarbonate plastic would be far cheaper and still very strong. I'd recommend that! Good luck with the project, i look forward to your results

yes i have looked in to that but you will see the scratches mutch faster then glas.

it's a long way from finished but needed to make a cardboard shape what later will be the glass.

scaled.php

the size is 1 on 1 with the movies version

THE glass is ready tomorrow ! I already have à idea for is tekst and signs ON THE glass. By making à sticker template and stick it to THE glass, then sand blast THE glass and pull THE sticker of. THE Guy who cuts THE glass said That THE way to get it like THE picture above.

NOw my question to you guys is.

Can i make this work on a battery ? And is yes what kind of can i USe best? THE leds work on 24v

Send from iPhone sorry for THE bad tekst

I'm really looking forward to see how this is gonna look in the end.
This keyboard is definitely one of the coolest IM props and I don't think it was ever replicated properly.

And if it ends up looking good, it would be great to see a run of these.

Just a thought.

i think i can get it to work with all the lights etc but not if i go over it with my hand that it light up :p cause it is cgi what you see :p

It would be cool if you could get this to work like in the movie somehow.

just an idea: cut out the glass screen,then lasercut a black decal that only leaves the lightup part free, and attach that to the back side of the glass screen, and under that a light board. then attach a motion sensor to the top of the board corner of the board, and program the lights to fade in from the left to the right if the motion sensor is activated. this way when you hover your hand from the left to the right, it will do something like in the movie :)

when i get the glass i can see what is the best to do, what looks and works best

tomorrow the glass is ready, have a long weekend so hope i can make some progress

Re: Iron man holographic Jarvis keyboard ( photo's of glass added )

plexiglass cut

scaled.php

and finaly the glass ! 8mm thick

scaled.php

scaled.php

Re: Iron man holographic Jarvis keyboard ( photo's of glass added ) NEED HELP

guy's i am in need of some help,

i need the photo i took from the iron man art book to be transferd into a photoshop file i can use to let it print into a sticker.

the black lines and tekst needs to be transparant in photo shop and all the rest need to be white or any other color :p

the plan is to put the sticker on the glass, sand blast the ( transparant area ) and pull the sticker of.. this way the light should be like in the picture above, did à test with à laser did t work out That Well. i can do alot with photoshop my self but this i cant :(

scaled.php

scaled.php

i have more close-up photo's for the one who wants to help me and better quality

Last edited:
Re: Iron man holographic Jarvis keyboard NEED HELP !

This is awesome. absolutly amazed with the detail going in.
If you have seen the avengers, you may have a few more possibilities

Re: Iron man holographic Jarvis keyboard NEED HELP !

I saw it 4 times :p there Were à couple of cool holographic screens and tables

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back