Iron Man Helmet

Discussion in 'Sculpture and Makeup Effects' started by Scuba Bob, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Scuba Bob

Scuba Bob Active Member

Here is a project I've been working on the past couple of weeks. I'll be molding it this weekend with silicone and producing a resin positive. My idea is to cast a solid helmet and then cut the faceplate out and rig the hinges. Also I am going to remove the back piece of the helmet and make it able to re-attach to the helmet when it's being worn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AceHighway

AceHighway New Member

Nice! it looks really good! Can't wait to see the end result.:cool

3. Dpeterson117

Dpeterson117 Active Member

Looking good!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

4. sgtski

sgtski Member

It looks a little off to me. Im not exactly sure where yet. Have you thought of putting together a Pep model to use as a reference?

5. chrish3901

chrish3901 New Member

nice
    , Im going to be downloading a pep as my first IM helmet ,
    Is there a PDF straight to the helmet design or do you have to use 4shared

6. sgtski

sgtski Member

Lets keep this thread on topic for Scuba Bob's build. Ill send you a PM Chrish3901.

7. venator

venator Member

I'd definitely recommend making a pep file, so you can see how it's meant to look from every angle and get some high res reference pics :)
    The left side of the face seems to be a bit lower than the right and the jaw is the wrong shape, but I can't articulate in what way

8. venator

venator Member

9. Adman3752

Adman3752 New Member

Great idea. cant wait to see how that works out.
    I am new to all this and only came accross this site two days ago when looking for iron man outfit for my son. i have now decided to make my own. I will be watching with interest!