Done / Completed Iron Man Helmet Stand **NOW ACCEPTING PAYMENTS**

hdtheater

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been working on a this one for a while. The design is heavily influenced by the platform he stands on in the workshop and the Hot Toys display for the 1/6 scale figures.

There are a few subtle differences that make it more symmetrical. The intention is for the stand to be lit up with LED's, but it's designed to be optional. You can see in the pics that I have carved channels in the bottom to run wiring and install the LED's if you choose. In the second pic you can see the hole to run the wire out the back.

The base comes in two pieces: the primary piece is 14" wide at the widest points and 3/4" thick. While the insert with the dimples 1/4" thick. I designed it this way because the dimple pattern has partial dimples at the edges. Without the partials it looks like something is missing. There are 4 - 1/2" holes to pop the insert out without needing to pry it from the edges.

Each stand would come with the two piece base, a rod, a platform for the helmet to rest on, and the 6 acrylic panels. I do not plan to include LEDs, or a wiring kit. Everything will be CNC cut from 3/4" MEDEX MDF. However, the acrylic will be laser cut and will be white with 50% of light allowed to pass through.

Price is $65 plus shipping. If you would like a painted version (DOES NOT INCLUDE LED's), cost is $110 plus shipping.

Shipping cost is $15 US. If you are international or at an APO box, PM me for an exact rate.

Paypal is inspired.designs@live.com

Thanks for looking.

-Eric

1. Medic2410p - SHIPPED 2
  2. medic2410p - SHIPPED 3
  3. BATMANN
  4. Miamiloco
  5. tom1999
  6. MetalMan - SHIPPED 1
  7. STLAssasin
  8. Lurtz001
  9. TheGreenArrow
  10. CaptainSuperman
  11. CaptainSuperman
  12. CaptainSuperman

Last edited:
Re: Iron Man Helmet Stand

it would be interesting if the mesh looking portion in the center was LED lit like the outer areas

Want to bump this one up. I should have this all worked out over the weekend and be ready to open up the run some time next week.

I have updated the first post with pricing and shipping costs. Cost will be $65 plus $15 for US based shipping. PM me for International and APO rates.

The acrylic I am going to use will be 1/8" thick and be white in appearance. According to the manufacturer, it allows 50% of the light to pass through.

I expect to open the run and start accepting payments on Sunday.

Thanks,

-Eric

Re: Iron Man Helmet Stand **RUN NOW OPEN**

Any ideas on how to finish? Paint and LED's?

I use a Shellac based spray primer for everything I do with MDF. It seals well and makes sanding very easy. After that, you can topcoat. I am going to use Rust-Oleum "Weathered Steel" on this project. You can clear coat afterward if you like.

For LED's, the bottom has channels carved to run wires. You can get the strip type LED's and adhere them to the sides and then run wires to from each strip to the next panel. You can also use individual bulbs and hot glue them to the sides. The design was left open for you to choose which route worked best.

-Eric

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back