Iron Man Helmet.....resin together or not?

nitrox

Sr Member
Hello everyone,

Before I ask my question I will at least give you all the common courtesy of introducing myself to the forum as this is my first post. My name is Daniel, originally from the United Kingdom but have been living here in the sunny Philippines for the past 4 years.

I have been browsing this forum for a little while and I have to say, it's an awesome place and it has prompted me to start my first build of a set of Iron Man armor.

I have almost completed pepping the helmet which has led me to a question. Do I connect all the pieces of the helmet and resin and fiber glass and then dremmel the face plate off before I use Bondo? I think this is the way to go as it will ensure a proper fit between pieces. Or, should I go another way?

Many thanks guys and girls.

Dan.

Some people do it that way.
I used small binder clips to hold my pieces together up through the fiberglass stage.

Hpim2704.jpg

Hey Daniel (same name as my son)...:)

So your living in Phils for 4 years now... nice to know cause I'm from Phils too...:):thumbsup

Check out this thread... Ironman MKVI Pep Helm
Hope it helps you out on your journey to prop building... oh and BTW, welcome to the community :)

You may PM me if you have other clarifications and I will answer it to the best of my knowledge...

Keep building...

cheers!

Hey Nitrox,
Like mightyjohn said - smaller bind clips are the way forward, I also read about placing some folded aluminium baking foil between the pieces and then binding them with the clips, and this will make it a lot easier to separate the parts later on..

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back