Iron Man Helmet opening too small.

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by BigK9, Jul 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. BigK9

BigK9 New Member

I made a pepakura iron man helmet but the one problem is that the opening is too small for my head but when I force it on it fits. Does anyone know a way to make the opening bigger or have something open up so that I can fit my head in. A while back I found a video of someone pushing up the back of the helmet but I can't find it or anything like it. Does anyone have any tips on how to make it easier to put on my head?

2. TheDosher

TheDosher New Member

My helmet had the same problem. After I made it, it was impossible to wear it so I made a piece on it's back removable. Now before I wear it, I remove that part, wear it and place that part again. You can use the same mechanism. It's simple

3. Ikras

Ikras Active Member

I think this tends to be an issue if you want a helmet that is reasonably scaled to your head.

The best solution as TheDosher says is to have a removable section. I've seen a bunch of ways online, using hinges, magnets, etc to secure it, so my advice would be have a look around and see what kind of mechanism looks best for you.

I think that most people take a stripe at the back where there is already a ridge, but I guess it depends on the helmet what features you have in the back.