Iron Man from Italy

AndreaG

Hello everybody,
I'm not too happy about my first attempt. There're lot of issues to be fixed, before I can go on with the body.

1) finding the correct material is a pain here.... Just a 5mm bubblish foam. Maybe for the torso I'll use a 1cm that seems more solid.

2) I think fiberglass will let me be far more precise. Maybe I'll try with Bondo (if I just could find something like that!)

Well, here it is: advices are welcome!

new-members-please-introduce-yourselves-here-photo-1.jpg-73558d1320361683

Ciao Andrea,

I'm from Italy too!! I'm starting the same project, with the same mats I think! did you buy them from Decathlon??? You used hot glue or something else?? I started the chest piece with interlocking mats, fom decathlon , 1cm thk and seems to be fine.....

For your first attempt, it sure looks very nice:love:thumbsup... I never imagine a bubblish foam can look great as the way you've made your helm:)...

Make a warmachine out of this material and it will be a blast... i love the foam texture, it resemble a hammer finish look:love...

good job... keep it up!:):thumbsup

Ciao Andrea,

I'm from Italy too!! I'm starting the same project, with the same mats I think! did you buy them from Decathlon??? You used hot glue or something else?? I started the chest piece with interlocking mats, fom decathlon , 1cm thk and seems to be fine.....

Ciao!

Yes, from Decathlon! I plan to start the chest with the interlocking mats, while for the head I used the thinner mat (for yoga exercise I think...).
Hot glue does a very good job, but the foam was too thin and difficult to keep in a perfectly rounded shape.

Btw, I'm from Vercelli.

Nice, Im wayyy south from Triggiano, Bari (in Pulgia)...

For you first attempt on this foam helmet, it came out perfect. Better than mine for sure

I'm really impressed! It looks VERY good for the material you're using!

If you can find a way to seal the foam with something that would result in a smooth finish, then you've got yourself a great helmet! :):thumbsup

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back