Iron man for mac

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

sideshowtony

Hi Everyone:

So I just joined the forum and what I'm looking to do is build a foam Iron Man costume for my son for the August Boston Comic Con. I found a ton of threads here, especially links to the PDF Pepakura (sp?) files since I'm working off of a Mac.

My big question is this...with any PDF files I download how do I size them correctly? Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--Tony

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

B

BlueSteel

I also work off a Mac for the most part too. I have a crappy Windows (are any of them not crappy?) cpu downstairs, which I download and view the files on (viewing is very helpful but unfortunately impossible on a Mac) and I use PDFCreator, to "print" out the PDFs from the original pep files. I'm fairly certain you can download PDFCreator on a Mac, and it works perfectly for me, so try to get that and then run your files through it. As for scaling, if you do use a Mac, it allows you, in the print window, to scale it down from 100%. I also use that method and my armor is fitting perfectly, but as always, it did require trial and error.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also, if you are using Dancin Fools foam files for Mark 3, I am around 6 ft and scale my pieces at 84% if that helps

sideshowtony

Thanks Blue Steel!

Anyone have any suggestions for a place to get PDFs of the helmet, boots and gloves? I'd actually found Dancin Fool's foam files and wanted to use them...but he does not have helmet boots or glove files. He suggests Stealth's files, but they are no longer available....at least the thread I found didn't have them anymore....

--Tony

B

BlueSteel

Search Easy Foam Iron Man Gloves and a template should come up, I'm currently 3d printing the helmet and glove fingers.

GoldenAvenger

I'm running a Mac too and I've tried everything. The PDF route didn't work out for me, so I had to obtain a copy of Windows as well as VM Ware Fusion. Runs like a dream and haven't had an issue.

If you want some help, feel free to PM me and I help give you some resources.