Iron man Foam build from the Netherlands update 14-1

Darkie

Hey, ive been watching a lot of iron man builds on the forums and i finally decided to start on my own iron man armor.
Im gone build the Mark VI using the foam templates provided by STEALTH (thanks for them :D)
i need to adjust the parts to fit my body since i'm 6.5 ft.

i've got some experience using foam i recently made an Ventus armored suit from KH BBS ( I just called it an armored version of Stitch) for a friend of mine
IMG_1854.jpg

For this build im gone use camping mats (5mm thickness) and i think i will seal it using woodglue.

i hope to start after Christmas with my build.

Darkie

Last edited:
Re: Iron man Foam build from the Netherlands

day 1:

started off by collecting my foam leftovers and threw them on a pile.
WP_000351.jpg

i cut the foam templates and traced them onto the foam.
WP_000352.jpg

WP_000353.jpg

i started the assembly.

what do you guys think is it the right scale?
WP_000356.jpg

WP_000358.jpg

WP_000361.jpg

WP_000362.jpg

WP_000363.jpg

more to come tomorrow (i hope, im out off scraps so need to buy some more)

Day 2:

I finished te left bicep with the remaining scraps, i think i gone call it scrap man i think xD.
WP_000365.jpg

WP_000364.jpg

WP_000367.jpg

next stop shoulder.

Day 3,
im making progress.

the shoulder is finished next stop the shoulder.

it really surprise me how much i can make using only some scraps.

WP_000371.jpg

WP_000370.jpg

Thanks :D, i cant believe how easy it it. Thanks agsin robo and stealth.

Thanks for the compliment ronsiew.
Ironspider, cant wait to see your progress

Last edited:

its been a long time since my last update, ive made the back and chest, abs en cod piece. what do you guys think?

WP_000413.jpg

WP_000411.jpg

WP_000409.jpg

looking good does anyone know say i how long this build takes just to finish the raw foam work not the sealing and painting just the3 raw foam build

i am going to have a friend of mine do all the foam parts on this build he is just better at foam fabrication then i am but i will give it a try and see what happens right now im trying to get a full pdf file of this build i have most of it but cant find all is there a thread that has all the files as one zip file i can get it would make downloading a hole lot easier

Looks great fellow dutchman! ;D
One question
Hwere do you get 5mm foam camping mats? i'll prob. get some for my ultimate IM build.

looking good does anyone know say i how long this build takes just to finish the raw foam work not the sealing and painting just the3 raw foam build

First off that looks great. As far as how long this takes. I would assume that depends on how dedicated you are and how much time you want to spend on it per day.

It's easy to get burned out fooling with it to much, you will reach near completion and just give up, so it's a good idea to pace yourself. With the exception of an event upcoming that you have a goal to reach. Always good to have a goal to keep you going.

First off that looks great. As far as how long this takes. I would assume that depends on how dedicated you are and how much time you want to spend on it per day.

It's easy to get burned out fooling with it to much, you will reach near completion and just give up, so it's a good idea to pace yourself. With the exception of an event upcoming that you have a goal to reach. Always good to have a goal to keep you going.

this is so true....wise this member is...

great job so far. Your lines and cuts are just so nice and clean...

take care,
Tommy

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back