Iron man Flaps How To

calel15

Hi everyone,i was wondering, since i dont have any experience working with servos and arduinos, if there any chance that you can make a mechanism to move the flaps in the armor without motorize them?

Thanks

Hi everyone,i was wondering, since i dont have any experience working with servos and arduinos, if there any chance that you can make a mechanism to move the flaps in the armor without motorize them?

Thanks
If you go with a pulley system the trouble is that you have to move a certain way everytime you want to deploy them. There are some great books on arduino. The Arduino cookbook volume1,2, i think 3. Now if i recall you live in the Greater Toronto Area. Go to Creatron.inc the Scarborough location i think there on Sheppard ave. East you can get a starters kit that comes with a starters book an arduino uno, led's 1 servo a sensor. They sell a ton of goodies. I got the starters kit for under $100.

the thing is im not from usa, and where i live the arduinos are pretty expensive, i was looking for a pice that at least can keep open the flap and with some strings can pull them in

nitinol wire
Nitinol a nickel-titanium metal that under one temp can hold one shape, but under another temp set back to it's original form. Thus calling it memory metal. With respect and i just may not be getting the point. How is this going to work for what he needs? Why not just go with a bicycle gear cable? Your explanation maybe something that i have'nt considered, and i would be very intersted in reading it. Thanx in advance...GM

nitinol wire can be used to move small pieces with an electric current. Its not good for holding things in a position but to move a articulting flap (like the original start up sequence) I think it would work. its smaller and easier to conceal than cables and can doesnt need a servo or hand moving to move it. bike or shielded cables could be used in a lot of the thicker pieces like the chest and shoulders.

You can get Arduinos CHEAPER when not ordering inside the US actually..

look on ebay.

I got a pro mini a few days ago for like $3-4 bucks or something..

IMHO.. the time it will take you to read up on a pulley system.. you could also learn the basics of Arduinos.. :)

There are so many tutorials.. it will be easy. (Its a huge community)

The servo you use will depending the 'weight' of the flap really..

there are many many Iron Man/Arduino tutorials out there.. (I posted one on motorizing an Iron Man bucket even.. that uses servos)

why no go -all out- for yoru build and include electronics!? :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back