Iron man colours

Bonnox

Hi guys, iv had a look through but can't really find what I'm looking for, iv got a new resin iron man mk 7 helmet that I'm wanting to paint as accurately as possible, does anyone know what colours I need preferably in rattle can format ?
cheers

I'm fairly sure there will be build threads where people will cover what colours they used. I can't comment on the mk7 but there's a definitely a thread around about some of the earlier armours which might have some info in them as well. Can't remember how I found it at the moment though.

One big factor though that you haven't mentioned is where you are based. Country plays a big role in what brands are available to you if people are going to offer suggestions. Hope you can get some more info on this.

Hi guys, iv had a look through but can't really find what I'm looking for, iv got a new resin iron man mk 7 helmet that I'm wanting to paint as accurately as possible, does anyone know what colours I need preferably in rattle can format ?
cheers

Hi there

I'm in the UK and I used Ford Regency Red and Ford Solar gold from Halford's, Hope this helps
11074098_10207079559495224_851783019654336359_n.jpg

Knowing you're UK based I can definitely agree on those colours as well. They're what I'm using for my mk 4 at the moment. I've been using the grey primer and clear laquer as well in my testing. Results are looking good so far.
@snaze1 Good to see them looking good on a full armour set as well.
Out of interest, how many cans (large or small?) of each did you use?

Last edited:
Knowing you're UK based I can definitely agree on those colours as well. They're what I'm using for my mk 4 at the moment. I've been using the grey primer and clear laquer as well in my testing. Results are looking good so far.
@snaze1 Good to see them looking good on a full armour set as well.
Out of interest, how many cans (large or small?) of each did you use?
Off the top of my head I think it was 2 cans of Gold & 4/5 cans of Red but I did give it a lot of coats.

They were the bigger cans.
£6.99 each, my Mrs wasn't best pleased about the cost! :(

Ouch, that's not going to be fun. I've just used a small can of red so far for the testing and I've got one of the big ones of the primer. Will need to see how it goes, think the red is almost done after a few test pieces. Was hoping the bigger ones might last longer.
Time will tell.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back