Iron Man Bust Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

galmando

Hi guys

Was hoping I could get some help with a but I recently purchased

I'm a novice at all of this so painting it will by first effort as far as modelling or props go

Want I'd like to know is if anyone knows the best colours to use to try and match the original SSC bust, I'm guessing I'd have to spray paint it to get an even finish and then use a fine brush for the black lines that were painted into the grooves

Are there certain codes for certain colours I should look at, and will I need a primer?

As said, I'm very new so there's lots of questions I have! Big thanks in advance!!

eb6a3a03.jpg

1ead6ed3.jpg

deaaf748.jpg

Dude. You aren't going to get anyone helping you out on this.

It's a recast of the Sideshow IM Bust.

You may want to explain how you got it and from who, so we'll know who recast it.

I have seen these on Ebay.

Not cool!

Yeah, it was on eBay, as said, I'm new to this so didn't know getting this was a no-no

I mean, I have ID of the eBay guy if anyone wants to know. Do I need to report that or something?

Yeah, it was on eBay, as said, I'm new to this so didn't know getting this was a no-no

I mean, I have ID of the eBay guy if anyone wants to know. Do I need to report that or something?

That's understandable.

Yeah, best thing to do is post up his Ebay ID. That way the sculptors here can make sure to avoid selling to them.

I was gonna cut you some slack on this until I read that you already knew that it is a recast of the Sideshow bust.

Just an FYI the number 1 killer in this hobby is recasting. It drives the prices up on original kits, prop replicas, statues, ect, because companies and artist have to compensate for lost sales because of their anticipation that their work will be recast.

Edit: What those guys said hahaha

Last edited:
The eBay ID is the following:

wondergarage-service

They had another one up, seems to have gone now. They also sold one of these earlier in December

I'd like to apologise cuz I feel like an idiot for this and really didnt want to offend anyone, which I seem to have already done

chalk it up as a learning experience and move on ;) that's all you can do. But since he already has the piece perhaps now someone can give some tips on how he can go about painting the piece.

Just filled through a few of your posts, IMO you have been here looking at Iron Man stuff long enough to realize what this was. Not cool. :thumbsdown

chalk it up as a learning experience and move on ;) that's all you can do. But since he already has the piece perhaps now someone can give some tips on how he can go about painting the piece.

Go right ahead if you feel like helping out on finishing a piece like this. :unsure

paint it purple and make it a stealth suit.

Or leave it the way it is and it'll be the stealth suit in the snow.

Just filled through a few of your posts, IMO you have been here looking at Iron Man stuff long enough to realize what this was. Not cool. :thumbsdown

I understand what you're saying, I really do. But I genuinely wasn't aware that buying this sort of stuff was a no-go. I certainly won't be buying anything like the again and my intention was never anything malicious

It isnt cool, you're right, I really can only say I'm sorry and hope people don't think I'm a complete ass.

I understand what you're saying, I really do. But I genuinely wasn't aware that buying this sort of stuff was a no-go. I certainly won't be buying anything like the again and my intention was never anything malicious

It isnt cool, you're right, I really can only say I'm sorry and hope people don't think I'm a complete ass.

Live and learn. :thumbsup

Go right ahead if you feel like helping out on finishing a piece like this. :unsure

Thanks, I will......

galmando do a search on the forums and you should find several threads on paint schemes and such. I even think Finhead posted a few tidbits on possible colors.

Last edited:
Since we really don't need a thread that is basically, "how to properly finish the Sideshow recast that I bought"... as already stated, live and learn. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back