Iron Man Arc Reactor with Flight Stabilizer (Armor Pieces too). Pics!

Darkmyster

Hey everyone! So, im kind of new to this site. I've been watching what people have done, so i decided to join myself and show off what i've been doing. Like every good nerd out there, im an Iron Man fan, and since pretty much everyone has told me that i look like Robert Downey Jr, i decided to go with Iron Man this year for halloween. :)

Costume pieces that i've chosen are from where he's testing his arm stabilizer, so the props that im making are the fore-arm parts (with full red armored hand) and the arc reactor. Thus far, i've almost completed my arc reactor, and ill start on the arm parts this week. Let me know what you think!

Also, if anyone has tips on making the arm stuff, hand and all, let me know. I'll be asking about all of that soon. Thanks! :lol

The pics show the arc reactor at different stages. The last one is it's current state. Its really close. Here's what i've got:

Last edited:
Re: Iron Man Arc Reactor and Arm Halloween Prop

Check out the stabilizer I made for Halloween last year... Not a bad job if I do say so myself!

ha... Totally forgot to link!

Here you go

Last edited:

Check out the stabilizer I made for Halloween last year... Not a bad job if I do say so myself!

ha... Totally forgot to link!

Here you go

YA! I saw your stuff, and its awesome! Love your arc reactor too. Very well done. I've decided to do the whole hand armor too, with one armor plate going up the top of the arm piece, similar to one of the screen shots i've seen. So far, i've done the frame of the arm stabilizer, but not much else. I'll get some updates up this weekend. :)

Post all your pics of this. We want details!

I finished!:lol So im gonna be posting different pics here of the finished product along with some of the in-work stuff. Let me know what you think!

These are just some general shots of me wearing the props.

If you have any questions on what i did for it, feel free to ask. Also, since you can't tell in the pictures, ill say it here. I put a switch on the wrist cuff, so that when i bent my hand back, like i was shooting the stabilizer, the hand light would turn on. It was fun and very addicting to use. ha ha ha. :lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back