Iron Man Arc Reactor Build

magdielr21

Hello everyone. I am trying to make my own wearable arc reactor from the first movie. I started this project about a year ago, I made some plans and 3D models and then tried getting some quotes to have my arc reactor machined from aluminum and copper but all the quotes I received were from $3,000 to $4,000 dollars. So I put the project away for about a year until a month ago that I ran across the file while cleaning out my computer. I decided to give 3D printing a shot, although what I really wanted was machining from metal but 3D printing doesn't cost as much. I just received some of the parts last week and I thought I would post a thread to show my progress. Here are some pictures. I am also looking into getting some of the copper pieces laser cut from actual copper. In the pictures, the dark looking rings were 3D printed brass, as you can see from the inner ring once you polish it, it brings out the brass color. In the last picture I tried a mock build to see how it would look. I am still missing the light ring. Let me know what you think.
9_zps219075b6.jpg8_zpsbdf8dfb8.jpg7_zps74bde797.jpg10_zps67f2686f.jpg4_zpsfd370093.jpg2_zps38eb6994.jpg1_zps34403a13.jpg6_zps0220e6fd.jpg5_zps923696f2.jpg3_zps6507ad02.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, I'm building a wearable arc reactor myself and I'd love to see how yours is coming along but your attachments don't seem to be working

Hi guys.
I built an Arc reactor light engine kit with 4 selectable light patterns (3 concentric LED ring zones) plus a sound sensitive mode so it can pulse in rhythm to music or voices. Sleep mode for battery saving.
It's going into a 'kidsized' version wearable DIY kit @ CLUBJameco.com. This version is for a 2.5" diameter, 1" deep unit, featuring replaceable 'transparency' bezels (laser printable) for the desired look. WHITE Piranha LEDs so your bezel or TEE shirt color customizes the look!
The kit will run off a rechargeable NB4L cell phone battery 'internally...so, NO WIRES. Optional 4.5V connection for external 3 x1.5V penlite cells battery pack.

I'd like to support the community by making light engines to any popular specification diameter from 2.5" up in DIY kit form. Please let me know what u might want.
mosaicmerc at yahoo

Hi guys.
I built an Arc reactor light engine kit with 4 selectable light patterns (3 concentric LED ring zones) plus a sound sensitive mode so it can pulse in rhythm to music or voices. Sleep mode for battery saving.
It's going into a 'kidsized' version wearable DIY kit @ CLUBJameco.com. This version is for a 2.5" diameter, 1" deep unit, featuring replaceable 'transparency' bezels (laser printable) for the desired look. WHITE Piranha LEDs so your bezel or TEE shirt color customizes the look!
The kit will run off a rechargeable NB4L cell phone battery 'internally...so, NO WIRES. Optional 4.5V connection for external 3 x1.5V penlite cells battery pack.

I'd like to support the community by making light engines to any popular specification diameter from 2.5" up in DIY kit form. Please let me know what u might want.
mosaicmerc at yahoo
Hey sounds good, send me some pics and a video of how it works. I might pick one up for mine.

Hi guys.

mosaicmerc at yahoo

Perhaps you could start a new thread telling us about this with some pictures? It would be better than hijacking someone else thread and getting into trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Magdielr21 this looks amazing, cant wait to see it finished

Actually,the intent was to offer the potential for a custom PCB design for other folk's ARC reactors. I am not trying to compete or hijack anyone.
It was a response to the thread and a help offer.

Anyhow I apologize..
I'll start a new thread when I have more info etc.!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back