Unlimited Run Iron Man and War Machine eyes! Or any other kind of glowing eye you might want.

Risu

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The Star Lord eyes have proven to be really popular and I've received some requests to make other lenses with the same design. So far I've made a set for a Space Marine, an Iron Man, and a War Machine. I can do any glowing lenses in either red, blue, or green. These Iron Man/War Machine lenses can also be made with the square pattern grid I've got on my Star Lord lenses, but the triangles create the most blended, uniform light pattern with the least dark space while maintaining high visibility.

Iron Man

War Machine

Space Marine

For those who aren't familiar with my Star Lord lenses, these are glowing eyes that you can see through with some pretty good clarity, it's like wearing colored sunglasses. Depending on the color, the LEDs can be nearly invisible from the inside because of the contrasting color of the acrylic filter lens. The blue lights are the easiest to see through, followed by the green, then the red. Here is a picture of the red light eyes from behind, they're turned on in this picture and the power supply you can see is actually on with a lot of red LED numbers on it displaying voltage and current. The red lights are erased by the filter. (don't wear them while driving)

And here's a picture from a little further back. This is how your average con photo will look.

Custom lenses can be cut with different engraving patterns on them. Simple shapes work best. Custom lenses will be priced dependent on size and engraving pattern, but the Iron Man/War Machine lenses are $30 for a set, which comes with two engraved clear lenses, two filter lenses, and two LED strips with wires soldered on. Connecting the two pairs of wires to a power supply and/or switch is up to the end user. They can be powered by either a 9 volt or 12 volt battery.

Risu

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Unfortunately white doesn't work. The filters work as contrasting colors. The blue lens stops red light, etc. Nothing contrasts white, so while they would like great from the outside, you'd be blinded inside.

Risu

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
They can be custom sized, but I think my current art is something like 3cm by 5cm. When they're off they look like the Star Lord eyes, blue behind a partially frosted white.

darkside501st

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
When using the green LEDs does everything still look blue or is your view tinted to a different color? What about the blue LEDs?

Risu

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
With red LEDs your vision is blue, with blue LEDs your vision is orange, and with green LEDs your vision is red. Technically, for non-Star Lord eyes, I could offer the red LEDs with a green diffuser, which might result in SLIGHTLY clearer vision. I'd have to pick up some green, though.

I've made a couple more things recently. Here are some eyes I made for a mask.

I just finished something else, but I'm going to wait for the owner to see it first before I post pics.

Risu

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It would definitely look good. Here's that project I just finished for example:

The process of making these kinds of things curved is SUPER time consuming and labor intensive, and as a result I have to charge a lot more, and might also need to have the helmet or other object in hand to make it work, like I did for this Halo helmet.

FirstPick

Risu

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't have an Iron Man helmet to install them in, but if one of the people who bought a set would care to post a picture, I'd appreciate it.

domead

Risu. Interested in War Machine version. What is turn around time?

- - - Updated - - -

Medic2410p. Did you happen to get installed in your iron man. Would love to see pic.

medic2410p

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Waiting on the Helmet to get back from GeneralFrosty (he's taking care of the finishing and paint) should be in the next week or so. I'll try get some up here as soon as I get them together.

Risu

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm looking forward to seeing that. Frosty does some insane work with paint.