Iron Man 3D printed files

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by blessedone82, Jun 25, 2015.

1. blessedone82

blessedone82 New Member

Hello Everyone,

First off I am new here. Well newly registered anyway. I have been lurking around the site for quite a while checkin out everyones work. Truly amazing things you guys can do. I hope I do not anger anyone for asking a couple questions that have probably been answered many times before. Yes Ive been looking around and just have to ask with my printer in mind.

I recently acquired a davinci 1.0 printer. Yes not high end and the software and proprietary cartridges suck, but it has a good printbed size and i got it hella cheap.

My questions are where can I get reliable good Iron man armor prints. By that i mean I see countless posts of people making them for themselves but not for sale or whatnot. Id be willing to buy decent files. I know there are some out there. I have seen pieces here and there. I just need something that isnt broke up into 100 pieces as my printer can do 7.8x7.8x7.8 inches. However I dont want them to be super large because the xyz software is crappy and It wastes so much filament printing supports and such. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You guys are all awesome and Id love to keep learning from you all and become a part of the community.

Because my software sucks and I have not really delved into hacking my printer firmware yet. Could someone suggest/provide or help me get some files that might work well with my printer? Maybe even build it with custom supports in the model so i dont have to use the crappy wasted filament supports with xyzware? Id be willing to pay something if need be.

THanks in advance!!

2. GhostMinion

GhostMinion Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

First, you'll want to go to the Marvel section of the forum.

Second, look for Ken Landrum's files.

Third, print and enjoy.

3. blessedone82

blessedone82 New Member

Thank you so much Ghostminion. I have followed quite a few of your posts! Would love to be on your level.

GhostMinion likes this.
  4. GhostMinion

HA! My level........that's funny.

You should aim higher than "can't manage to focus on one thing to save his life". :lol

dejordzta likes this.
  5. blessedone82

blessedone82 New Member

lol come on man. Dont sell yourself short. I am much the same way. I have a hard time staying focused. Hence why i wanted to get into 3d printing and drop the pepakura for a while haha. anyways i am trying to find ken landrums files. most everything i see is on shapeways? is that what u were talking about? Not much comes up here for ken landrum ironman. I will keep at it though. THanks again!

6. GhostMinion

I'll pm you a link to his thread. Download the models straight from there. :thumbsup

blessedone82 likes this.
  7. drumguy560

drumguy560 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

hello!

I also just recently acquired a DaVinci 1.0, and let me tell you this...with a few upgrades, and some hacking, the printer can be GREAT.

my advice - look up flashing repetier firmware on it, and upgrade the hotend to an e3d v6, and get an aluminum or borosilicate glass bed on top of the stock glass bed. There are a lot of videos on youtube about these mods. This will let you ditch the custom filament cartridges, and use different software than XYZware, and the e3d will let you print PLA and other materials, instead of just straight ABS. If you have any questions about it, feel free to PM me, as I have worked a lot on these printers.

Also, feel free to visit my Iron Man Mark 3 helmet 3d print files thread here http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=189853

Good luck!