Iron Man 2/Hulk Preview @NYCC and Auction 10/22

The Propworx team will be at NY Comic Con October 13 - 16 previewing amazing items from our Marvel Iron Man 2/Incredible Hulk Prop and Costume Auction, which takes place online with our partner LiveAuctioneers.com on October 22, 2011 at 10am PST.

Items include:

The Screen Used Stunt Whiplash V1 Suit worn by actor Mickey Rourke during the entire fight scene at the Monaco Historic Grand Prix.
The Iron Man 2 Hero Suitcase Armor - This screen used hero version is permanently closed and was used for close up shots and detail work.
Tony Stark’s Hero Racing Suit, worn by actor Robert Downey Jr. and also used in the Monaco Historic Grand Prix scenes, includes a blue rubberized spandex coveralls with padded legs and black leather accents, a black cotton undershirt, custom made leather jacket with blue rubberized spandex accents and a pair of black leather custom gloves.
The Iron Man 2 Black Widow Hero S.H.I.E.L.D. Uniform is the hero screen used catsuit worn by actress Scarlett Johansson as Agent Natasha Romanoff when she broke her cover and revealed herself as the Black Widow.

Additional lots include the Hero Mark VI Chest RT Unit, Hero Whiplash V1 RT Unit, screen used Ironnette Costumes, the Hero “Ex-Wife” Missile, and Tony Stark’s Hero Racing Helmet. A complete PDF catalog of the 225 lots and bidding instructions will be posted at www.propworx.com in the weeks prior to the auction. For videos, blog entries and more item descriptions, see www.propworx.com.

Actually, the auction is October 22nd, so it is two weeks away. Marvel added a significant number of lots to the auction at the very last minute and we have been working feverishly to completely catalogue each item, photograph and update so we can publish an ACCURATE and COMPLETE PDF. We take pride in the accuracy of our work and strive to ensure all items are described and presented correctly.

Unfortunately, that means you will need to wait a few days, but I guarantee you, it will be worth it. In the meantime, there are various items with photos and descriptions available on our site.

Thank you for your patience and happy bidding!
Cheers,
Shelley

Last edited:
Any plans to offer items via eBay? That's how I got my pizza bag from the Hulk from you guys.

I registered with Liveauctioneers during the last one. I was impressed at how it worked. Didn't realise we'd be able to start entering bids already though. Time to browse the catalogue properly.

I registered with Liveauctioneers during the last one. I was impressed at how it worked. Didn't realise we'd be able to start entering bids already though. Time to browse the catalogue properly.

Bid early and bid often! ;)

If you are coming to NY Comic Con, please stop by the display and preview the goodies up close!

-Shelley

Bid early and bid often! ;)

If you are coming to NY Comic Con, please stop by the display and preview the goodies up close!

-Shelley

Sadly I'm in the UK, although you had a couple of pieces at SDCC that I saw. Just out of curiosity, should I be holding back any of my life savings for any future Thor/Captain America auction? ;-)

Wow... awesome stuff.

I have my eye on a few things, but I have to ask, is that 23% buyers premium for everything?

Just seems a bit excessive when matched with the 25$ packing fee, and shipping on top of that.

Chris

Wow... awesome stuff.

I have my eye on a few things, but I have to ask, is that 23% buyers premium for everything?

Just seems a bit excessive when matched with the 25$ packing fee, and shipping on top of that.

Chris

23% is very competitive in the market and our shipping rates (and quality) are the best in the business. If you have any questions on shipping a specific item, please contact shipping@propworx.com and they can give you rates!

Julien's is 25% + 3% additional for online bids
Christie's is 25%
Sotheby's is 25%
Profiles is 18%
Heritage varies with the auction (18-19.5%)

Ah, ok. Not very familiar with auctions, but I knew Profiles and Heritage's rates.

Just struck me as a little odd. It's one thing to bid 200$ on something, it's another to have to pay almost another hundred in fees/shipping/etc.

Gonna keep an eye on some items though, and I will email for some shipping quotes as well.

Thanks
Chris

Ah, ok. Not very familiar with auctions, but I knew Profiles and Heritage's rates.

Just struck me as a little odd. It's one thing to bid 200$ on something, it's another to have to pay almost another hundred in fees/shipping/etc.

Gonna keep an eye on some items though, and I will email for some shipping quotes as well.

Thanks
Chris

If you contact shipping @ propworx.com they can give you more exact rates or quote combined shipping. I can't comment on "almost another hundred" on shipping because I don't know which item you are referring to... I can tell you we work directly with the shippers and do not "upcharge" the rates. That is why we just charge the $25 to professionally pack and prepare your order - the amount is upfront and not rolled into an increased shipping amount. For very large items or items that require freight, we work with "Freighters & Craters" who will custom build shipping crates and get your large item to you. Again, I can assure you we take shipping very seriously and our operation ships thousands of items with very few issues. We stand behind our reputation as one of the best in the business. Please do not hesitate to contact directly about shipping for a particular item - I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back