Done / Completed Iron Giant 3D Printed Kit

rgriesbeck

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was thinking with all the renewed interest in The Iron Giant (re-release in Sept, a possible sequel...) Might be neat to have a kit to build. I looked around on eBay and Amazon and I didn't see anything I liked that was under $350.

We've had great success with the groot, tooth fairy and BB8 kits, I thought Iron Giant might be the perfect next kit

I'm envisioning an Iron Giant that's about 10 inches tall, and probably pose-able.

I'd like to keep the kit around the $100 mark, but as always, it'll depend on printing times, etc.

If you're interested, lemme know below. Time frame is definitely at least a couple months away, might line up with the theatre re-release nicely

Iron_Giant_Tri_View_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Have you considered the "Bad Robot"

I've been wanting the maquette for years, and the latest sold on ebay for over 600 USD... so that's not an option...

There is TONS of reference out there, pics of this maquette... hi res...

Just a thought!

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you considered the "Bad Robot"

I've been wanting the maquette for years, and the latest sold on ebay for over 600 USD... so that's not an option...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bajIN2xRncM

There is TONS of reference out there, pics of this maquette... hi res...

Just a thought!

Hmmm, looks cool, wouldn't be opposed to doing bad robot is there's enough interest... Hint hint

I think you should forgo the whole Iron Giant idea and do bad robot... Mondo just did an awesome Iron Giant.... No one has done bad robot... and when they show up on Ebay, they're 900 bucks.

Just saying... bet there's interest... I'll send you all the image reference I can.....

!!!:thumbsup

Last edited:
Sorry guys, not enough interest to warrant the modelling of the iron giant. Perhaps the bad robot once I get the MIB gun done. Thanks

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back