Iracel's 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

Iracel

BTC6ztJ.jpg

I started costume making back in March, (when I first joined this site) with a black modified spiderman zentai. Then I made a modified Amazing Spiderman Zentai. Over summer, I decided that I wanted to make my own spiderman costume from scratch, especially because Im a 16 year old who doesnt have money to just throw around. I bought spandex, took my measurements, then subracted by 4 on everything so it would be very skin tight. The problem with the other Zentais was that they werent tight enough to be a cool spiderman costume, especially around the waist. No sewing machine, so it was aaaaalll freehand stitching from the start, baby. After all that, this was the result.

ECgkgBa.jpg

Then i Painted on muscle shading with sprat paint and the design with puffy paints, of course. I wanted the webs to look rugged and uneven, which also relieved the pressure of them being symmetrical. I used eye and hooks to keep the boots and gloves hooked in place. I bought my lenses from T Jack, of course. I used aqua shoes to make the soles. The Webshooters are made out of molded instamorph, which is pretty amazing by the way. The spiders are just cut up polyurethane. I spray painted the back Spider red and with transparent-ish iridescent paint too.

ueMAUEe.jpg

Lx72EPQ.jpg

The butt became very stretched out after putting it on, but it looks fine when its on my body, which is all that matters.

JzC0Vc9.jpg

MYoPz1q.jpg

oVutfNk.jpg

Then it appeared to be done here:

Wbe0eBl.jpg

BfrUE6D.jpg

DlsvPuy.jpg

But the way the belt connected to the red, I hated it. So I made that part black, but I dont have such a good pic here of it.

c7na7t3.jpg

And The best picture of all.

4EDTvFm.jpg

Do dont have any official training in textiles at all, but i wanted to try this. I hope you all like it.

I have used fabric paint to fake embroidery before so I know very well what a challenge it is and how patient you need to be... That said - you did a fantastic job!!! Very impressive. And it's great to see someone your age be so dedicated to such a project!

I'm looking forward to seeing what else you decide to do. :)

Hey man I hop you don't mind me asking this on your thread but is there a better option other than puff paint I thought about what would happen if you mixed liquid latex for the durability and euthrane? Does anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey man I hop you don't mind me asking this on your thread but is there a better option other than puff paint I thought about what would happen if you mixed liquid latex for the durability and euthrane? Does anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im about to experiment with screenprinting very soon. My last costume got way to stretched out with puff paint, so screen printing may be the way to go. LAtex is definitelyagood idea too.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back