Ion Cannon ref?

where did you get the ball from..I have been looking for one two.

Michel???? Hope i got the name right bro lol, Julien is right they are from Plastruct, im a nudge under 12" buddy, this is quite a large prop.

I have had the pleasure of getting some rather cool info from the man who made the actual ILM mini, so yeah, watch this space i guess, itll happen at some point!

bests......lee

I think my domes are in fact a way off, maybe an inch or more small, need to find the other pic i have that will help scale it, but im guessing at 12" or just over?

lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, here is the pic most useful for scaling the ball. You can match it up to the in shot forearm of Fulmer.
Im still out on whether id build this, not sure, ive so much to do and planned its just got knocked way back, but i was hoping these pics may help, or inspire others.

lee
FulmerIoncannon.jpg

Didnt carry on Simon, we fell out and had a lovers tiff, plus, my good building buddy stepped away (miss ya Al), which hollowed the project TBH.

lee

Lee, regardless of how many people have them, the original photographer retains copyright to their own images. If they ask us to remove images, as a general rule, we are going to comply.

Allan, i agree, ive looked at the upper barrel "nub" a few times now, and i too reckon its a Flak 20 gun, you can kinda make out, what i think is an ejection port.....so that could maybe scale up that area.

The barrel "body" itself, man, no clue yet, the base of the main barrel, looks domed, which led me to an F1 rim (too small IMHO) or Saturn V (too conical and maybe large) but, yeah on i ramble lol.

Ill go with the carcass for now, a few parts look a bit 88mm, and i can make sure, a baseplate is fitted inside for the later addition of this main barrel....if im going that far, may as well get tech, and make it work, have to say, ive wanted to do this prop for some time now and the Hemi's i have, arent cheap enough to waste :lol

lee

I think your right the 88mm looks like it....the top cone reminds me of a cake decorator tip

Update on this, i will be carrying on with a build, some new parts and good info, along with the pulls for the plating in hand, itll be rude not to!
Working on a working recoil, see how that pans out, hopefully, ill have some progress over the holidays now, found a bit of gusto for it!

Lee

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back