Limited Run IOI Headset (Ready Player One)

krispikarim

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,
I recently did a commission for an IOI headset from the movie Ready Player One, and wanted to gauge interest for these finished sets, pics of the first one I made below:
IMG-4042.JPG

The model I made for these is pretty good but I am currently working on a newer version, which would be much closer to the original, specifically in the front profile.
Since I am not going to be getting custom straps made with the IOI logo woven on them, the straps would be all black athletic elastic, and are adjustable by sliding the two buckles around.
IMG-4040.JPG

Unlike in the photos of the commissioned headset, the visor will not have Oasis laser etched, because I no longer currently have access to a laser, but I will release the laser cut file for those interested in going that path.
IMG-4044.JPG

The headset would urethane cast plastic and arrive assembled and painted with a near automotive finish on the gloss white, and a matte finish in the black area, along with a either black foam gasket, or potentially a urethane cast gasket (I won't know if the urethane would work until some testing is done, because I would be injecting the urethane into a very thin cavity to form the gasket)(the pictures feature a black foam gasket)
IMG-4043.JPG

I will also be working on a better method for the silver IOI logo on the side of the headset, since I had just painted the first piece by hand, most likey will make vinyl stencils.

Pricing:
The completed headset would cost $200 + Shipping.

The payment is split in two, a $100 deposit to begin making the headset, and the balance due would be paid once the prop is done but before shipping out.

Interest:
-Bo (off Forum): Deposit Paid
-Rebel86: Deposit Paid
-Jedifyfe: Deposit Paid
-UFMascot: Deposit Paid
-FathomRequiem: Deposit Paid
-MicroWavezzz
-mtrixman
-Pitbull: Deposit Paid
-

Attachments

Last edited:

Gimpdiggity

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
krispikarim would the laser file for the front also be able to be used to get vinyl cut to just slap some vinyl on it for a more finished look if I also didn’t have access to get it laser etched?

krispikarim

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
krispikarim would the laser file for the front also be able to be used to get vinyl cut to just slap some vinyl on it for a more finished look if I also didn’t have access to get it laser etched?
The file would be in PDF format, so it is just paths that you could run through a vinyl cutter.
Awesome! I'm in.

Any chance in adding the stickers seen on Parzival's visor?
Cool! Unfortunately I will not be offering the stickers.

krispikarim

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
If you can send me the file I can do a run of vinyl cut graphics for your visor.
I mean, I don’t think the vinyl on the lense is a successful way to achieve a screen-ish look, I will release the file publicly, so feel free to use em for whatever run.

krispikarim

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, I have updated the list, and I am back with the new renderings, I will begin 3d printing the parts today. I will begin taking deposits, and will be messaging everyone with further info, so please keep an eye on your inboxes.

HanSewLow

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This can probably be done by printing the image backwards on Transparency media on a color copier. Cut it to size & apply it to the outside of the lens.