Invasion

rocketeer25

Sr Member
Anyone watching the new show from Apple TV+ called Invasion? I've watched the 5 episodes available so far, and its definitely a slow burn. I understand taking time to setup your characters, but at some point they need to get to the point :) The hints at the aliens are cool, but its time to throw back the curtain.

It's... eh. They spent far too much time on the kids and not enough on the plot lines that had anything to do with... you know, the invasion. It took them until the most recent episode to even acknowledge that there was something going on. That's not just slow, that's glacial.

Darn, I was hoping this was about the goofy '90s movie.

"We could be facing worldwide predation".
"Worldwide what?"
"Worldwide being eaten, Guy".

It is very slow and I don't really find any of the characters particularly compelling.
If it wasn't for a free trial of AppleTV I wouldn't be paying for the service to watch this.

The most interesting parts are the aspects we rarely see, which is the astronauts and her partner and father.

I'm not a big fan of contrived fake drama. Like when the mother was escaping through the basement being chased by the alien which was "stopped" by a relatively large window. A window big enough for people to escape through but not a shape shifting alien which minutes later punctured and entered a hole the size of a coffee cup in a car windscreen.

So what the heck is happening with Cas and his mental connection with the aliens? Is he a hybrid? Why him? And what the heck is going on with the "dead" astronaut? More questions than answers at this point, but I'm trying to hang in there!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back