Introducing Project M (Maul saber)

Yes! I’ve seen some from the factory but nothing I’m ready to share just yet. I think they will ship to me in a week or so, then I’ll get to work with finishing. There is a LOT of VERY cool stuff on this saber, it’ll take a video to properly describe. This has been many years in the making with lots of false starts and “what you’re asking isn’t possible” from the factories. But it is finally coming to life and it’s going to be amazing.

Anyone who truly loves the Maul saber, this will be the absolute definitive version.

A couple teaser photos for you. This is raw, straight from the factory. But there are a bunch of novel things you can already see on this simple teaser. Lots more info is coming :)

SLZ_2453.jpg

SLZ_2472.jpg

SLZ_2470.jpg

No firm price point. Unfortunately this won’t be a budget build. To achieve what we did required a greater degree of precision and a wider variety of methodologies (like custom knurling tools, EDM cutting, more milk axes, etc), meaning higher cost.

But I cannot wait to show you guys what this thing is all about. I’m so thrilled. We are getting close close close!!!

Yes, things are going well!! Production is underway, and the first two production samples are en route to me right now and will be here in two days. I'll complete a little more paint application and then really show them off. There's a lot to be excited about, down to custom-stamped fender washers in order to properly match the original props (we couldn't find any off the shelf fender washers that were a perfect match).

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

Moreover, we aren't just making the hero. We are ALSO making a replica of the stunt versions, which are smooth and have no buttons, but still have most of the scribe details.

ALSO, we have commissioned a batch of custom carbon blades to perfectly match the Episode III carbon blades. The ones available from TCSS aren't the right dimensions - they're a bit too large, too thick-walled, and ultimately too heavy, compared to the production blades. We had them custom painted to match the originals, shrink-wrapped in polyvinyl chloride heat shrink (not the thinner and cheaper polyolefin type), with matching pushrods. Here's a quick shot (before the pushrods were put in). Those will be available in the coming weeks as well.

IMG_0793.jpg

Are there going to be extra blades available? I would love to see more episode III stunt type hilt that could accept those blades

Expect the blades soonest - they are relatively simple and we have already made the bulk order. But the carbon factory just went on holiday for Chinese New Year. So it’ll be about 6 weeks before they are ready. We will have the green and red as shown, as well as nude carbon (not shown). No word yet whether the nude carbon will be black (regular carbon) or alloy infused (texalium). But we are trying for the latter if possible.

Production samples arrived today!!! They are GLORIOUS. There’s so much I have to show you to explain why they are so awesome. But here’s a small preview. Our 25-piece emitter assembly, featuring custom stamped fender washers, accurate construction, and for the first time, accurate fins. Lots more images and explanation to come.

Edit: oh and one more thing. NO visible set screw. I worked forever to make it invisible. And finally figured it out. There are ZERO aesthetic compromises on this design. No visible sound vents either. That one I’m excited to show off ;-)

Attachments

• 68E506B5-D838-4660-8ADF-81CC6B96804B.jpeg
    68E506B5-D838-4660-8ADF-81CC6B96804B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 89

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back