Into The Woods (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
Into The Woods Trailer - In Theaters December 25! - YouTube

Based on the musical of the same name and involves plots of various fairy tales.

Synopsis:

Into the Woods is a modern twist on the beloved Brothers Grimm fairy tales, intertwining the plots of a few choice stories and exploring the consequences of the characters’ wishes and quests. This humorous and heartfelt musical follows the classic tales of Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, and Rapunzel—all tied together by an original story involving a baker and his wife, their wish to begin a family and their interaction with the witch who has put a curse on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I directed this play at my high school (and acted in a small role as well). It was a long, tough show, and every time I hear the music on TV I have a wee flashback, like I have some kind of horrible musical theater PTSD :lol

I'm not much for musicals but I really enjoyed this film. was lots of fun but it got a bit long in the tooth the last 20 minutes...

The play is almost two stories, separated by the intermission. I almost think they should have done this as two films, so they could preserve all the stuff cut for time and pacing. Rapunzel and her Prince had their storyline cut way short, and there's a whole lot of other resolution (and some musical numbers) also left out. I like it as it is, but would also have liked to have seen how it might have been if left intact...

--Jonah

Went with the wife. She liked it. I didn't care for the music and that killed the whole thing for me, though there were a few things I found funny. Pine was more Kirk in this movie than in Trek.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back