Internal Mounting options for the Deagostini Millennium Falcon

Carnet

Can anyone offer any pointers or advice on setting up an internal mount for the deago falcon, are there any kits available?

Can anyone offer any pointers or advice on setting up an internal mount for the deago falcon, are there any kits available?
For internal. None that I know of. 'Coz I too search for the same thing. And I end up doing my own. And since it will be displayed in "flight" mode. I discard the cabin hull details. Coz I don't see myself looking inside it.

Check this thread for some pics.
DeAgostini MF Internal bracing issue...

Last edited:
This is what I'm working on with a LCD projector mount.

I learned of the mount from another builder here. Although, we took different approaches in using it.

I rearranged the existing parts. The toughest mod was cutting a notch for the interior support leg.

I have yet to see how it will support the total weight of the model. My plan is to not use the existing set screw to hold the ball joint. Once I determine final position, I will weld/JB weld the joint.

Anyway, here are some photos from my 'test' phase. I have since filled the gaps in the center hub with Apoxy Scuplt and made it where the model can be removed from the center support and displayed on it's landing gear, if desired.

Here is a link to a similar mount (different color). Universal Tilt Ceiling Projector Mount Bracket 360° Swivel LCD DLP 22lbs | eBay

P1010214_zpsjhri5lyq.jpg

P1010213_zpsi0ealgnj.jpg

P1010212_zps349srvjw.jpg

P1010209_zpsefsjfvdm.jpg

P1010202_zpsj7a8rvnx.jpg

Last edited:
Ha! That is the one I went with too. Or at least, it is very similar to the one I went with.

So, I see some differences. You have mounted yours inverted from how I have mounted mine. Any reason?

I really wanted to be able to use a panavise mount, so I removed the stock projector mount center point and replaced it with 3/8 studs coming out of the top and bottom of the mount with idea that it would allow me to either hang it from the ceiling, or mount it from underneath.

If I do end up sticking with this double top/bottom mounting option, then I loose the option of having the turret gunner pits installed at all, versus having one on the top position, but not the bottom.

IMG_2641.jpg
IMG_2644.jpg
IMG_2645.jpg

I still have some fine tuning to do.
IMG_2646.jpg

Last edited:
I arranged the parts to get the base plate as low as possible to allow the interior to still be used (first two photos) and making it easier (closer) to screw in the mount. But, if you're not using the interior (and I still may not), it doesn't matter.

A happy accident... the space left between the mount plate and window was just right for the original turret window frame part to still be used. It fills the gap and hides the four screws in the center.

I do like the thicker threaded rod you're using.

P1010493_zpscgdmjxlc.jpg

Last edited:
I arranged the parts to get the base plate as low as possible to allow the interior to still be used (first two photos) and making it easier (closer) to screw in the mount. But, if you're not using the interior (and I still may not), it doesn't matter.

A happy accident... the space left between the mount plate and window was just right for the original turret window frame part to still be used. It fills the gap and hides the four screws in the center.

I do like the thicker threaded rod you're using.

View attachment 1014511

Can you explain how you are mounting it through the window? I have a similar mount and I am trying to figure it out so I have enough clearance.

I know it has been a year since the last post, just hoping for some answers.

trying to find someone that can do a beefy interior setup like ilm. For sure looking on my next build to have mounts behind docking rings and ideally the mandible.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back