Interest Interest/Sign Up Thread Princess Leia/Rey ROS NEW UPDATE Final Product PICS ON PAGE 5

The screencaps from the movie definitely have the rose gold tone to it. Then, photos of the prop look way more copper. So, I guess its a matter of which you prefer: a replica of what the actual prop is versus how it looks on screen. I'm in either way, but I definitely prefer the rose gold look.

It wasn't. The prop is aluminum and copper.

That’s interesting. Many of the images I’ve seen definitely have a rose gold tint to them, and some of the other fan-made sabers are using rose gold.

Dan - I’m a huge fan of your work. And I love this saber design. You can put me down for one.

Sean

That’s interesting. Many of the images I’ve seen definitely have a rose gold tint to them, and some of the other fan-made sabers are using rose gold.
Well, it definitely comes down to what people think they see, and what the facts actually are. Fresh, highly polished copper *does* have a different appearance than older, oxidized copper, where it's more orange on its way to turning brown.

Also remember that ALL films are color corrected/color graded:

Color Grading, Color Correction and Color Timing: What You Need to Know

As far as people saying "Copper is the wrong color. Rose gold is accurate..." Well, accurate to what? Accurate to what you think you're seeing on screen, or accurate to the original prop?

The original prop is aluminum and copper. See these two posts here:

Interest - BRRogers / Verity Cosplay / 7 Chambers - "The Princess" (Leia lightsaber) hilt Interest Thread

Interest - BRRogers / Verity Cosplay / 7 Chambers - "The Princess" (Leia lightsaber) hilt Interest Thread

So again, it comes down to what you're interested in - a replica of the actual prop, or a replica of what you perceive it to be on screen.

For quite a while, Tony Lage and I have been working away nailing down all the little details of Leia/Rey's saber from TROS.
Now, I think we've got a finalized design that very accurately replicates the original prop. I'd like to move forward with producing a small run of this saber. But, to do so, I'll need at least 50 rock solid firm commitments to buy one of these when they are ready. The cost will be $325.00. This is higher then I normally run, but this saber is the most complicated one I've ever tackled. It will be machined from 6061 aluminum, and will be feature copper plated accenting. It will not come with the aluminum belt clip that was present when Rey walks up to the Lars homestead (this doesn't appear to have been present on during the hilt's other appearances in the film). It will come with a d-ring and screws installed, and it will have the MOP inlay precut on an adhesive veneer. It will be hollow, so FX will be an option for buyers. But, as always, I'm not an fx guy, so you'll have to get a chassis from elsewhere. Although, I will be sending the design onto GOTH as before.

If you reply to this thread, please be firmly committed to follow through with the order when I call for payments. If I get 50 members signed up within the next two weeks, the prototype machining will start in mid November and the run will follow after that. Thanks everyone.
Was waiting for You to make one!! I was in love since the very first appearance of this saber!

Count me in for one mate!

Regards,

Alberto

Here's a small update for everyone. The prototype is starting to shape up. This is preplating of course.
Screenshot_20201214-211509~2.png
Screenshot_20201214-213550~2.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back