Interest Interest/Sign Up Thread Princess Leia/Rey ROS NEW UPDATE Final Product PICS ON PAGE 5

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The manufacturing has completed and the sabers are up for sale on AtStarsEnd.com

For quite a while, Tony Lage and I have been working away nailing down all the little details of Leia/Rey's saber from TROS.
Now, I think we've got a finalized design that very accurately replicates the original prop. I'd like to move forward with producing a small run of this saber. But, to do so, I'll need at least 50 rock solid firm commitments to buy one of these when they are ready. The cost will be $325.00. This is higher then I normally run, but this saber is the most complicated one I've ever tackled. It will be machined from 6061 aluminum, and will be feature copper plated accenting. It will not come with the aluminum belt clip that was present when Rey walks up to the Lars homestead (this doesn't appear to have been present on during the hilt's other appearances in the film). It will come with a d-ring and screws installed, and it will have the MOP inlay precut on an adhesive veneer. It will be hollow, so FX will be an option for buyers. But, as always, I'm not an fx guy, so you'll have to get a chassis from elsewhere. Although, I will be sending the design onto GOTH as before.

If you reply to this thread, please be firmly committed to follow through with the order when I call for payments. If I get 50 members signed up within the next two weeks, the prototype machining will start in mid November and the run will follow after that. Thanks everyone.

Leia 3d 2.jpg
Leia 3d 3.jpg
Leia 3d 4.jpg
Leia 3d.jpg

Last edited:
For quite a while, Tony Lage and I have been working away nailing down all the little details of Leia/Rey's saber from TROS.
Now, I think we've got a finalized design that very accurately replicates the original prop. I'd like to move forward with producing a small run of this saber. But, to do so, I'll need at least 50 rock solid firm commitments to buy one of these when they are ready. The cost will be $325.00. This is higher then I normally run, but this saber is the most complicated one I've ever tackled. It will be machined from 6061 aluminum, and will be feature copper plated accenting. It will not come with the aluminum belt clip that was present when Rey walks up to the Lars homestead (this doesn't appear to have been present on during the hilt's other appearances in the film). It will come with a d-ring and screws installed, and it will have the MOP inlay precut on an adhesive veneer. It will be hollow, so FX will be an option for buyers. But, as always, I'm not an fx guy, so you'll have to get a chassis from elsewhere. Although, I will be sending the design onto GOTH as before.

If you reply to this thread, please be firmly committed to follow through with the order when I call for payments. If I get 50 members signed up within the next two weeks, the prototype machining will start in mid November and the run will follow after that. Thanks everyone.

View attachment 1360699View attachment 1360700View attachment 1360701View attachment 1360702

Count me in for 1!

Definitely interested, but for clarification - are the accents going to be rose gold colored or will they be copper colored?

Sean

Count me in for at least 1. I have 2 questions if you would indulge my curiosity please

Will it have one switch under the round piece below the thin neck or another hidden switch somewhere?
And where will the sound be vented from for us fx buffs?

There won't be a hidden switch built in. Builders will have to figure out a mod for that if they wish. The sound will vent through the hex head screw in the bottom which will work as a hole plug.

Is there any possibility of having those parts made from aluminum and then getting them anodized the rose gold color?

How does it break apart if 'hollow'? but there is a SINGLE hex bolt in the bottom?

Are there threaded pieces? or is everything connected via set screws?

* Wouldnt it be cheaper to do it in aluminum anyways? (copper costs more)

* Question about the 'insert'? in the emitter.... is it removable? (if so...how?.. looking at the pics I'm not clear how the emitter can be made hollow to insert a blade?)

* What is the ID of the main body/tube?
* What is the ID of the emitter? (1"?....7/8"?)

The emitter will allow for a 1" blade. ID of body is 25.40 mm (1.00 in). I threw together a quick mock-up in fusion.

Leia_final v11-npxl-side.png
side section with npxl connector

Leia_final v12-npxl-blade.png
side section with npxl connector and 1" blade. Blade retention would be set screws in the three circular holes in the emitter

Leia_final v13-blade-plug.png
side section with npxl connector and "blade plug"

Leia_final v11-npxl.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back