Interest Interest List - Ski School Movie Trading Cards

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Kalel76

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is to gauge interest on a trading card set for the movie Ski School.

FAQ
What in the heck is this?

This is a love letter to one of my favorite movies. I have designed 69 cards reminiscent of the trading cards from the 80's.
What are the cards made of?
16pt Premium Matte Cover, Full color front and back. These have the look and feel of trading cards that are common today.
What do they look like?
Each card has a unique front featuring a scene from the movie and a unique back featuring and mix of Quotes, Quizzes, and Plot Summaries and additional photos. They are featured with five different color borders; blue, orange, pink, purple, and green. The front border color is also represented on the back. The front and back are numbered. Cards are both in both portrait and landscape orientations. See pictures.
How will they be packaged?
A cardboard mailer with custom artwork on the outside and inside. You will also receive a Disciplinary Review Memo as seen in the movie.
Sounds neat, how much?
Right now it will be around $60 shipped in the US. The more people that sign up the cheaper it gets. I’m not looking to make any money on this just, only to get it funded.

If you're a fan of the movie, these cards make a great companion piece. They look and feel really nice. I realize this may be an extremely niche project, but if 10 people sign up I will move forward with this. Turn around would be about 2-3 weeks. Thanks for checking this out!

Attachments

• 08a sample.jpg
    08a sample.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 14a sample.jpg
    14a sample.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 11
  • 61b sample.jpg
    61b sample.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 17
  • ski_school-a.jpg
    ski_school-a.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 16
  • ski school cards 1.jpg
    ski school cards 1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 16
  • ski schook cards 2.jpg
    ski schook cards 2.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

James Kenobi 1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I recorded this movie on VHS off cable and watched it all the time as a kid. I’ll pass on the card set, I just wanted to give you a bump as a fan of the movie.

Kalel76

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Awesome man! I watched it all the dang time and my cousin and I still quote it today. Thank you for dropping me a line and letting me know. I showed these to Dean Cameron who plays Dave Marshak and he loves them. Gonna give him a stack of cards and a few to autograph. Have a good weekend!

Last edited: