Interest INT: Active project: 1:1 accurate MAUSER REPLICA is READY!!!

scottjua

Master Member
UPDATE: IT IS DONE. The Mausers are ready!!!

Go to warmachinepaintball.com to order.

Ok guys, I want this made as much as some of you do but I REALLY need to know who's seriously interested in something like this.

We won't yet know the actual cost, but like anything it will depend on HOW MANY people want them to bring the cost down, and what material.

The idea, is the have a more accurate and better option than a Denix, and MGC. It can't compete with a denix price point as it won't be cast, it will be 100% machined. I'd like a more accurate size than an MGC, and something more readily available. LOWER than current MGC prices would be nice too, but we need lots of people interested.

Better how? I want to aim for overall cosmetic accuracy on the outside, WITH a few very minute caveats in dimensions and spacing to assure that NO REAL PARTS could ever be exchanged or used to modify this replica to cause harm to oneself. The idea would mean that outwardly we'd have a replica Mauser that is suitable for prop building, and electronics installs. Internally, the more space available the better for electronics. So I would love for it to have a working bolt, hammer and trigger, but it doesn't NEED to have a complete internal assembly like an MGC as long as the replica has the correct cosmetic look and function on the outside.

Aluminum would be the obvious choice for ease of machining, but the finishing will be harder to get consistent by FAR. Possibly less expensive up front, but won't have the proper weight.

Steel would be ideal as it would be able to be finished exactly like original mausers, but be less forgiving to work with and potentially more expensive to make.

These would be ideally be in raw machined KIT FORM only. You would be responsible for de-burring, sanding, finishing, and assembly.

They would have every concession thought of to NEVER be able to be modified to use real Mauser parts, aside from maybe a trigger or hammer, and NOT have a hollow barrel of any sort, shape, or form. There would be NO chamber of any time. The bolt would be a flat face and NO firing pin.

While this price suggestion may be completely off the mark for now I would guess we're looking at a ballpark range of:

$300-700 Aluminum

$500-900 Steel

I could be way off, but I won't be able to find out until we get some serious interest to start crunching numbers.

Some of the questions I need answered aside from interest, is how important to you are things like:

- Front sight? Do we need this? This part would make machining considerably more involved and drive cost up, and would be completely pointless for every single Mauser based blaster build. Eliminating it would mean... not cutting it off and installs and conversions would be easier... and potentially keep costs lower. However, if you want just a display Mauser replica you'd probably want it.

- Removable Magazine floor plate? this may help electronics installs, but also would make machining more complicated. Thoughts?

- Working safety? I think having a movable safety would be fine and not too hard, but have it actually disengage the hammer would add complexity that's unnecessary. Agree or no? A thought would be that it could just be a swing lever that is intended to activate and electronic switch???

That about all I got for now.

Please Chime in with a choice of Aluminum or Steel and how serious you are so I can get a preliminary list to gauge interest and get this going.

It's up to you all to help make this happen, and not just be vaporware.

Aluminum:

1. tomm1999 (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
2. DJblingbling1 (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
3. Kalel76 (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
4. Sieg (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
5. Sieg (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
6. Michinimax (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
7. Bradberry00
8. Bradberry00
9. MoeSizzlac
10. Dann
11. scifiwolf
12. kickman88 (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)

Steel:

1. scottjua (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
2. ronwlim
3. tomm1999 (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
4. 3oin (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
5. refugee (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
6. tecrooz (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
7. Rogue Five (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only) IRA Forums
8. Rogue Five (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only) IRA Forums
9. Pfockerchief (WITH sight for display)
10. cjchiu (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
11. veekthor (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
12. veekthor (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
13. Cobra14 (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
14. Cobra14 (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
15. Madingalow (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
16. juajn7fernandez (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
17. juajn7fernandez (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
18. juajn7fernandez (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
19. repy (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
20. mogaert (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
21. mogaert (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
22. jack (no front sight)
23. DarkJedi360 (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
24. DeLano80 (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
25. Bbabylonia20 (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
26. RhinoActual
27. RhinoActual
28. Edraven99 (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
29. MastahBlastah (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
30. morgan63
31. JLinNY (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
32. JLinNY (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
33. JLinNY (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
34. JLinNY (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
35. JLinNY (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
36. thd9791 (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
37. redbutton (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
38. Field Marshall
39. nunes (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
40. Beckett
41. KFS6VJ (no front sight, fixed magazine plate, swing safety only)
42. newmagrathea (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
43. blastermaster (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
44. Hirohawa
45. el toro (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only)
46. aeseven7

Last edited:
I'd be in for steel, (no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only). Atleast 1, maybe 2 depending on price.

Also if you were to do both and were able to get the aluminum price in the lower range ($300) I'd get 1 of each.

If the prices were $1000 it would make more sense to stick with a MGC or beat up mauser.

Seriously tempted, and I would be in for sure ... but it depends on final cost.

I would be up for the same specs as Scott's version. Steel, no sight, removable plate, movable safety.

Solid barrel would be a must for me or I'll have real trouble getting in to the UK.

definitely. it would have to be a model parts kit, and we'd have to paint or plug a slightly bored barrel front with something orange just in case.

tomm1999, the aim would be cheaper of course, but it all depends on how many can be made. For me I'd prefer this over an old brittle MGC, unless you just really want an MGC. Heck, this option might even bring MGC prices back to normal....

adding things like the trigger pin, and bolt pin, to get the MGC look would be easy, for those wanting to replicate the MGC look for their accurate GKs and ROTJ and Hoth blasters.

The ultimate goal would be real Mauser dimensions and details for all the rest of the hero props.

Might I suggest that you look at the MR ANH Solo EE DL-44 as what can be done to replicate this pistol w/ a moving trigger and hammer.

No real parts can be exchanged, but you could attach a rear leaf sight in lieu of the non-numbered one already there, as the dimensions are correct.

Internal parts are a couple of springs, screws and a plastic lever.

Personally, I see no need for a working bolt as we never see that function used in any of the films. For that matter, we never see a hammer ******, but we do see it in different positions on different blasters, same for the safety.

Having the safety used as a possible switch would negate the accuracy of whatever blaster one chose to build, again because it is in different positions on different blasters.

The magazine floor plate could be held in place w/ magnets as opposed to any complicated machining of tongues and grooves.

Since the rear of the firing pin looks like a flathead screw, it might make send to use this as a switch, as it wouldn't visibly alter the look of whatever blaster one was replicating.

Last edited:
Might I suggest that you look at the MR ANH Solo EE DL-44 as what can be done to replicate this pistol w/ a moving trigger and hammer.

No real parts can be exchanged, but you could attach a rear leaf sight in lieu of the non-numbered one already there, as the dimensions are correct.

Internal parts are a couple of springs, screws and a plastic lever.

Personally, I see no need for a working bolt as we never see that function used in any of the films. For that matter, we never see a hammer ******, but we do see it in different positions on different blasters, same for the safety.

Yes I used to have one.

I would thinking a moving bolt would be useful for assembly, and also ease of getting inside it.

However, you're right, a static bolt would be LESS machining, but possibly MORE difficult to make the transitions and contours. I'm not sure really. it's open to the idea for sure.

Thanks.

Can you also state your potential interest?

Scott, I was just trying to help with some ideas. I'll take some photos of it disassembled in the hopes it might spur some construction ideas.

I've got 4 MGC pistols, and all 3 different MR blasters disassembled for different replicas.

Id say aluminum, no front sight but all the other details, but the price point would have to swing more to the $300 than the $700.

I'd be in for an aluminum one, POSSIBLY a steel one. No front sight, no preference on magazine plate, safety swing electronic lever only.

Hey I'm in for 2 aluminum with no front sight, removable plate, swing safety only as well. I'll build a Luke and a Han. [emoji16]

What do you think the time frame is on this process? I've got Celebration to consider too...[emoji28]

I like the idea of steel, working hammer and trigger. Front sight seems excessive as we're cutting them off anyway. Removable mag plate might be nice, good place to hide a recharge port and would probably allow a little more internal space but not strictly necessary. Moving safety would be nice as an aux switch, it moving the hammer might be unnecessary given the complexity of doing so. I imagine keeping the cost lower will attract more people to this. My only issue would be non hollow barrel would prevent LED wires for electronics install. Maybe a small hole would prevent it being drilled out to a larger size if it were at an angle/not centered?

Hey I'm in for 2 aluminum with no front sight, removable plate, swing safety only as well. I'll build a Luke and a Han. [emoji16]

What do you think the time frame is on this process? I've got Celebration to consider too...[emoji28]

Oh there's no way anything would happen before then. I would imagine later this year. But Aaron works fast.. who knows. We gotta get interest first.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the idea of steel, working hammer and trigger. Front sight seems excessive as we're cutting them off anyway. Removable mag plate might be nice, good place to hide a recharge port and would probably allow a little more internal space but not strictly necessary. Moving safety would be nice as an aux switch, it moving the hammer might be unnecessary given the complexity of doing so. I imagine keeping the cost lower will attract more people to this. My only issue would be non hollow barrel would prevent LED wires for electronics install. Maybe a small hole would prevent it being drilled out to a larger size if it were at an angle/not centered?

For legality and safety, I would say providing a kit with a hole drilled would NOT be happening. Everyone can do whatever they want of course when they get them, but for liability, I'd just avoid that scenario all together.

Not sure if this would help costs or not but would a shortened barreled version also be possible? It will be intentionally machined with a stubby barrel to use less material and will be meant for a Hero or TFA blaster. If not nbd. Just an idea. :)

Oh and my preferences: aluminum, no front sight, swing safety, removable plate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this would help costs or not but would a shortened barreled version also be possible? It will be intentionally machined with a stubby barrel to use less material and will be meant for a Hero or TFA blaster. If not nbd. Just an idea. :)

Oh and my preferences: aluminum, no front sight, swing safety, removable plate.

For ease of manufacturing a single length would be best, Since you need long barrels for the ESB, and GK (mid), and Bizzaro, and variations of shorter for the ANH hero and ROTJ. So it would be better to have everyone just cut to proper length as needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back