Installing dreads

mattius

Hey guys just wondering how shall i install dreads on to my mask what sort of glue shall i use i think i may cut a x shape in to it any 1 know what glue i can use

i'll nip in here before anyone else does.
i see you are fairly new here, but see that magic button at the top called search? holds all your answers, but failing that, super glue works great, hot glue that isn;t too hot works to, and i cut an X, they won;t come out

Yeah agree with above. I cut an X into the hole, put some super glue inside the X and put the dred in. Makes a good hold.

Ye thx guys i cut an x in but dident use super glue dries too fast to slot it in so got a glue gun works perfect all in stalled now ile upload some pictures soon

Hey guys just wondering how shall i install dreads on to my mask what sort of glue shall i use i think i may cut a x shape in to it any 1 know what glue i can use
I use "Loctite" super glue for my dreads,but also cut the dreads at a slight angle before I glue them so that they hang nice.I will be doin' some dreading myself soon. :)

MP

Gorilla glue is the bomb...I used it several times along with Gorilla tape when making my starscream costume :)

Gorilla glue never seen it in uk used my glue gun got the mask off mannowar P1 the painted 1 looks amazing ile get some pics up of it, i got Bambooie dreads for it also used copper spray paint to do beads

I live in middlesbrough mattius and you can get it. I think ive seen it in B&Q and I got mine from a local Boyes store. Booies dreads are the way to go :)

I do it almost like Ronin sayd.

Cut them in an angle but... Here comes the difference. Make sure that the inside of the hole, where the dread goes in, is not painted.

Glue on paint... No matter how strong your glue is, it will come off. So, put some latex in the center of the dread and glue on de edges.

Put it in place and keep pushing for about 30 seconds. That dread will never come off the mask again.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back