Installing Booie dreads

predator paul

Hi Guys

My Bambooie's finally arrived and I was wondering how to install them so they hang almost verticle. I'm going for a P1 length so just below the shoulders :D

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Paul .'.

Last edited by a moderator:
all i have done in 2 masks now is cut an X in each hole and pushed the dread through, trim them down a little depending on how short you want them but remember to leave some extra to thread through. the more you leave the less padding you'll need in the mask.
add a little superglue and away you go, the shape of the X will grip the dreads
my first mask they hung really well after a day but the latex had a bit more give in it. as for my P2 i had to wait a little longer, dread beads help this as does a ribbon or something around them, just be patient

all i have done in 2 masks now is cut an X in each hole and pushed the dread through, trim them down a little depending on how short you want them but remember to leave some extra to thread through. the more you leave the less padding you'll need in the mask.
add a little superglue and away you go, the shape of the X will grip the dreads
my first mask they hung really well after a day but the latex had a bit more give in it. as for my P2 i had to wait a little longer, dread beads help this as does a ribbon or something around them, just be patient

Are you saying to cut them down or leave the excess inside as a sort of padding? In the past I used to just poke them in the holes after cutting the x's I have never used glue. It's the length I'm worried about after shelling out on these I don't want to cut 'em too short :D

i leave plenty in there but if you leave too much there will be too much in there for your head :D i just added the glue for extra support, cut little

Measure twice, cut once as the old woodworking advice goes.
I've just fitted Bambooie dreds to a resin cast so didn't have much margin of error as they don't penetrate into the cast. If you're pushing them through a cut X in the latex then there shouldn't be a problem, but obviously cut too long rather than too short. I was shiting myself too about cutting them but I started with the lowest dred hole to establish the dred length then fitted everything to suit using super glue. Don't think you'll need glue as the x cut should hold them. I had more problem calculating how best to fit 70 beads to 40 dreds. BTW Bambooie'd dreds look terrific so I don't regret shelling out for them. Good luck.

i leave plenty in there but if you leave too much there will be too much in there for your head :D i just added the glue for extra support, cut little

OK Job done I'll post pics in a bit. They seem to hang pretty well already. Thanks Esdain

Paul .'.

OK Job done I'll post pics in a bit. They seem to hang pretty well already. Thanks Esdain

Paul .'.

Pic as promised

P1000387-1.jpg

P1000388-1.jpg

Paul .'.

P1000387-1.jpg

P1000388-1.jpg

Looks great matey B) Im gunna go P1 next

Best look I think.

More dread rings and installed quills :sick:
p.s The elastic round the mouth is because I was training the dreads to hang right not because he has tooth ache
Paul .'.

Looks good bud. Did you glue them in the end? I used gorilla glue and not superlue, the superglue seemed to melt the dreads a bit. On my next mask I dont think I will glue them as a decent "X" in the mask will hold the dread in place I would of thought.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back