Inspection on arrival

Scythe1

I just received an AVP scar bio from mysteria, first time in years I think I actually squeeled in excitement. Opened it up and lo and behold, whatta beaut!

Thing is, as I have no previous experience in anything like this, are there any signs I should look for? For example, there's cracking or cracks in various places. Not giant crevices, but small most likely paint overable(sp?) cracks.

This isn't to say I don't trust in Mr. Gerard's workmanship, the lair vouches for him really, but I'd just like to be sure that I got what I paid for.

[EDIT] i just realised that I may have put this in the wrong section. A thousand apologies.

I think it's in the right section. :lol:

Now, as far as the damage... well, for aslong as I've been on the board Gerard has always been top-knotch. The cracks and stuff you're seeing are more than likely a result of shipping. There's no way he'd send out crap. As far as damaged goods - trust me, I know. My Dad ordered some stuff, and when the box arrived there was an actual BOOT PRINT on it. Gee.. thanks for that you ******* ********. Needless to say there was some damage to the piece inside.

Anyhow, I think that the cracks can easily be fixed with some Milliput. It's a 2-part epoxy that's got a good amount of work time before it sets up stone-hard. It's easily manipulated and it smooths out like glass with some water, too. That's your best bet to fix all those cracks. I hope that helps ya out some.

:p

Post some pics so we all can see what you are talking about, most slight cracks can be filled with spot putty and sanded smooth before paint. I got a P1 from Gerard and it looked great, just need to do minor prep before painting as you would with any raw casting.

I also got my Scar bio from Mysteria aka Scifdemon (Alienator/Gerard) this week and its a beauty Mine had 1 slight hairline crack in it, but i filled it with milliput, only took a few minutes to do. Overall its a very very clean cast, it needed a bit of filing and sanding around the edges (But he tells you all that on his site anyway) that took about 30 mins or so to do. He also cut the eye slit out for me because i dont have a Dremel yet, so cheers for that. For the lazer mounting i drilled that with a 6mm bit (like he suggests) and that was done in a few mins as well. Then i gave it a soak in hottish water for a few minutes. Im gonna give it a few layers of primer over the weekend, so its well prepared. Im really looking forward to painting this up :p I had fun with soldering the the lazer LED setup together, i haven't soldered anything in years. But it works well, im glad he put in instructions or i would have been in trouble lol :lol:

Im gonna get the Pred 2 cutting disc off him next, i want an unpainted 1 because i want to paint it silver instead. Then i will get another Bio off him.

Anyway thanks Gerard, great stuff m8.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back