Insomaniac's 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

Insomaniac

My costume I decided to create this year was Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. The version I based this costume off of is MK 9.

I started with the mask and sculpted it out of clay first and proceeded to make a mold then cast it in resin. The shoulders, bracers, and boots are made from a poster board base and then fiberglassed. The rest is fabric work.

I would say the hardest part of the project was putting in the contacts since I have never had them before, it took me a half hour or more!

Almost every part of this project was a big first for me, the resin casting process, working with fabric and creating patterns, and of course putting those contacts in! I've made two other costumes the last two years, but not nearly as complex and fully thought out as my Scorpion. It's not 100% accurate but it's been a huge learning experience, so I'd like to see how I stack up :)

Attachments

• WIP1.jpg
    WIP1.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 93
  • WIP2.jpg
    WIP2.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Face Closeup.jpg
    Face Closeup.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 103
  • RPF.jpg
    RPF.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 82
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back