Inside the Terminator nose. What is that? Picture provided.

ONEYE

Sr Member
EndoNose.jpg

I know that this is probably weird, but what is that in there? Part of a tank, aircraft, model kit part? Was it made of multiple parts, one piece. I've been searching for days and don't know what that inner section is. The RPF is my last hope to solving this question.

"It's not a booga". Sorry couldn't resist a lame Arnie joke. Could they have just sculpted it from scratch when they were designing it? It isn't totally symmetrical if you look at both sides. Either that or they just grabbed something they thought would look good.

Nothing is symmetrical on that piece. Is it an original or someones copy?

Kind of sloppy for a computer like Skynet to make.

Nothing is symmetrical on that piece. Is it an original or someones copy?

Kind of sloppy for a computer like Skynet to make.

The original was sculpted... not machined. There are a lot of imperfections and asymmetry throughout the entire Endo. Some areas more prevalent than others. That is our friend Bill's skull and the best one out there.

Maybe post this in the Studio Scale section also. The peeps there have done amazing work at picking out model kit details on various starships. Maybe it will pop out to somebody there as being a possible kit piece.

They're parts from the Bandai 1/48 88mm Flak gun kit. This same kit provides many donor parts for the "detail plates" on the sides of the endoskull. The parts in the photos are scratchbuilt approximations of the kit parts, which are a bit more intricately detailed. The back wall of the nose is made up of about five different parts from the 88 flak kit. Unfortunately, I haven't come across any really good super close up photos of the actual nose detail, so I haven't been able to figure all the details out yet.

Bandai 1/48 German 88mm FLAK 18

boxart.jpg

I am going to try to get this kit and check out all the pieces. Not all parts are shown in the two pictures above. Cool little techy pieces that I can see being used for multiple projects.

Information came to me from a private source.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS- the kit you sent pictures of is not the right one for the endoskull. It looks like its an 88 flak kit, but it's not the Bandai 1/48 kit. A company named Fuman also re-issued some Bandai armor kits in the 90's so you could also try finding a Fuman 1/48 88 Flak But its gotta be the Bandai or Fuman. No other kit will have the correct donor parts.

Nothing easy. I have to find the correct kit. Damn. :(

There are definitely details there. Here are some shots of my ICONS Endoskull.

16.jpg

17.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Granted, my pictures (old) suck, and the details are "muddy", but there are details there. I should explain that the project in this thread A new, ambitious, exciting Terminator project. is what prompted me to hunt down what was used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Granted, my pictures (old) suck, and the details are "muddy", but there are details there. I should explain that the project in this thread A new, ambitious, exciting Terminator project. is what prompted me to hunt down what was used.

And I will quote my own words to Rich - the secret that's not really a secret when it comes to replicating something is that it is equally important to have enough information at your command as it is to be able to model something physically. Both can be as challenging. What I'm saying is that Rich has put in a lot of effort and hard work where I do not have the resource or the time for. And it is just as, if not more, important than the build itself. Much thanks, my friend!

Much thanks, my friend!

I had extraordinary help from my unnamed studio scale source. You are very welcome!

If anyone out there has access to screen used endoskulls, please take some detailed, large pictures of the skull for us (especially the nose and temples).

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back