Inserts-9th gate book-Corso's bag?

Sulla

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Other than the post card and the ripped out pages of the other two copies, what are some good inserts for a 9 Gates to the Kingdom of Shadows (from the movie 9th Gate) book?

Originally posted by Sith Sheriff Brody@Mar 7 2006, 08:08 PM
Corso made a little checklist of the differences between the copies (engravings)...

-Mike
[snapback]1200812[/snapback]​
oh yeah, that was on rule notebook paper right? I need to review my dvd.

Did Corso ever use a business card n the film? I can't remember. I suppose I could make one up...

Might as well make up biz cards for the other players as well: Balkan, Baroness Kessler, Ceniza Brothers.

-Mike

Since I can't leave well enough alone.. what kind of bag was Corso carrying? It looked surplus. Any thoughts?

Re: Inserts-9th gate book-Corso's bag?

oh yeah, that was on rule notebook paper right? I need to review my dvd.

Did Corso ever use a business card n the film? I can't remember. I suppose I could make one up...

Yes he use his own business card, you can see Liana Telfer with one in hand when she's in the stairs.

Yes he use his own business card, you can see Liana Telfer with one in hand when she's in the stairs.

I looked at that scene, but it's never stated thats what she's carrying, although it does appear to be the right size. In any case, the only shots of it are at a distance, I skipped around through my copy of the film and didn't see anything.

On the otherhand, if you have any specific requests for screen-grabs I can get them.

I was the owner of a HERO book offer to me by Polanski himself and I had the Corso Business Card with many other props ... I think I have all the original engravings signed AT and the others signed LCF.

This is a screen cap showing the stuff that Corso had in his bag. The ticket and passport were on top of the bag before Liana Telfer dumped it on the floor.

Sorry guys, but it was french shoulder bag... Very rare now 'cause I remember it was from around 1929...

Always looking to find good stuff, but due to the age sometimes torn ...
and expensive of course .

Could someone who owns an original bag post some detailed shots, maybe with a scale, to make a pattern from? Scaling up a screen cap looks like about 11"X7"X21/2" for the main compartment (just a guess). The two pouches on the fron hold a water bottle in one scene. I'd be most interested in details of the strap attachments and strap itself. Thanks.

airhead

I'm not sure what to do with the other 999...(minimum order 1000 from Pakistan). This is about as close as I've seen, even though I'm sure that the strap and attachment is way off. The two front pouches are not correct.

http://www.nizamcanvas.com/bag/messenger_bags1.htm

messenger.gif

The canvas of the original was grey like some swiss military bag.

The shoulder strap is not leather.

Ask Digital Mayheim from Germany, he is the owner, now, of my original.

i have the business card, and the notes page depp was comparing notes from.

Tell us the story of this offer (if I may ask) dare I ask what something like that was offered at?

I have a wonderful aged copy of the 9 gates book, from a friend in maylasia. WONDERFUL!

Tell us more. (did you work on the film?)

Thanls
Tom

I was the owner of a HERO book offer to me by Polanski himself and I had the Corso Business Card with many other props ... I think I have all the original engravings signed AT and the others signed LCF.

I think I can still have the blue and red pencil Corso used on the notes to circle some details ...

An excellent tale! Thanks for sharing. A great story of the generosity of filmmakers. All true artists appreciate those who treasure their work. And Mr. Polanski is certainly an artist.

Perhaps if Olliver is readin, he could supply dimensions of the messenger bag.

David

Mle 1935 musette (side pack) : Schipperfabrik, The World's Finest Historical Reproduction

Could someone who owns an original bag post some detailed shots, maybe with a scale, to make a pattern from? Scaling up a screen cap looks like about 11"X7"X21/2" for the main compartment (just a guess). The two pouches on the fron hold a water bottle in one scene. I'd be most interested in details of the strap attachments and strap itself. Thanks.

airhead

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back