Inquisitor Shuttle from Obi-Wan Concept Art

monsterpartyhat

Sr Member
OK, so the first teaser for the Disney+ Obi Wan Kenobi TV series dropped today -- there's no footage, but they did release 9 concept art images that are really compelling. We've got some kind of rebel base with T-47 airspeeders in a desert setting, stormtroopers in what looks like an underwater Inquisitorius structure like we saw in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, some 1313-inspired neon-lit neighborhood, and the one that *really* grabbed me -- a new Imperial shuttle design seen on Tatooine with an Inquisitor!

rLscWDf (1).jpeg
This fits aesthetically with Director Krennic's shuttle from Rogue One, which I riffed on for a scratch build last year (or the year before, I forget):

image.jpg

I love the look of this new shuttle, and with all the flat sides it fits perfectly with my method of scratch building using SketchUp to design cutting patterns for my Cricut Maker. I'm going to start working on this one right away (although with the holidays coming up, who knows when it will actually get finished ). The build will be at my usual 1:144 scale.

Who else is psyched for Obi Wan? The concept art looks very promising.

The results of a couple of hours of messing around in SketchUp. This is just eyeballing the painting -- I've tried using the Photo Match feature, but I'm no good with it. I like this, but I think it's a little too tall in aspect ratio; I think the sides are sloped a little more severely, and it feels like it should narrow a little more at the top.

Tons to figure out here - especially how the inner side of the mandibles flows into the body.

1636824360605.png

More messing around -- I tackled the rear wing mount/landing gear area, and made a couple of versions of the layering of the wings. Not totally happy with the wings yet, but getting there. I closed up the inside of the mandibles and the bottom, so the fuselage is closed all the way around now.

Next up is tackling the greebling along the sides - the junk there now is just a placeholder - and the rear engines. The angle of the rear edge is a little too steep - I might have to correct that as well. This style of ship should be very angular.

1636909895332.png

1636910066411.png

Well shoot, I like the back of yours better. Especially the engines. As you mentioned earlier, the ship is very angular so the tacked-on tube engines are odd. Oh well, canon is canon.

The engines look very similar to Kylo Ren's command shuttle, so maybe they're going for a design lineage idea bridging Krennic's shuttle from Rogue One and Kylo's from TFA.

That sounds very likely! There's no obvious design evolution from the Lambda shuttle to Kylo's, but the line from Krennic's T3C shuttle, to this one, to the First Order looks much clearer.

It definitely looks like we'll get a lot of ship goodies in this series. I can't wait! Fortunately, we don't have to wait for very long now.

I annotated the final frame of the approach to Fortress Inquisitors with what's obviously identifiable and what's not. Don't be fooled by reflections -- the landing surface is clearly polished to a mirror finish. View attachment 1555203
I've watched the trailer 50 times now, I always kept looking to the bottom right wondering what those were - never saw the shuttle or TIEs until now.

New trailer's out! That means new spaceship analyses!

The "unknown" ships in the above screenshot now have a much better view. In addition to that, this view confirms that we've got standard TIE fighters, a classic Lambda class shuttle, and the landing craft we first saw in The Mandalorian S2E5.

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 9.08.30 AM.png

Of course, there are some new views of the Inquisitor's shuttle. Love the symmetry in these two shots.

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 9.10.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 9.12.38 AM.png

This appears to be some kind of cargo barge taking off from a docking platform on one of the new worlds we'll be introduced to.

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 9.13.56 AM.png

A heavily weathered GR-75 makes an appearance in the background!

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 9.15.32 AM.png

And in the opening shot of the trailer we have an entirely new ship, but the heavy motion blur and lens flare effects make it difficult to make out the details, although the overall shape and layout is pretty clear.

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 9.16.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 9.16.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 9.16.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 9.17.07 AM.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back