Ink transfer onto prop?

BonesAreDollars

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just wondering if there’s a way to print something and transfer just the ink onto the prop. I tried a couple of tests by printing directly onto the wax-like paper thats under stickers and labels and it sort of worked but was hard to apply and smudged.

Just wondering if there is a method that’s easier

Just wondering if there’s a way to print something and transfer just the ink onto the prop. I tried a couple of tests by printing directly onto the wax-like paper thats under stickers and labels and it sort of worked but was hard to apply and smudged.

Just wondering if there is a method that’s easier
There's decal transfer solution. Or I've used ModPodge/PVA in the past in the same way. First, you have to print a mirror image of the design you want to transfer. Then you paint several layers of decal transfer solution or ModPodge/PVA over the top of the print. Once it's dry you paint the area where you want to apply it on the prop with a thin coat of solution/ModPodge/PVA and apply the print so the solution/ModPodge surfaces are together and the reverse (paper) side of the print is upwards. Make sure it well flattened and there are no air bubbles - a roller is useful for this on flat surfaces. Leave this to dry, and then soak the paper with water and gently rub it away until it's all gone and only the print remains on your prop surface. Finally, once all is dry again you can give the whole thing a protective coat of your chosen varnish. Hope this helps.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back