Information Gathering: SWS One-Piece Endoskull

You should ask infos to RogueSkynet.......

I know what diameter the torque screw should be, judging by the M1 jaw. Other than that, no idea.

Take the following with huge pinch of salt, I believe the main jaw piston piece is from the landing gear from an aircraft kit. Think I read that.

The round standoffs are a pain in the behind!
Never did buy them, there are so many different versions, in different sizes. And most I found were brass I believe.

Cool. I would love to know the diameter. Then I can buy a few and see how they look.

Regarding the main piston part. I think I heard that too, and it seems plausible, but was it ever confirmed which kit it was from, like some other kit parts that has been identified.

The standoffs I've seen on eBay and DuckDuckGo searches and on McMaster-Carr's site were steel colored, not brass. And it seems they are different on the T1 than they are on the T2 - they are not the same type, or maybe I'm confusing the licensed skulls.

Cool. I would love to know the diameter. Then I can buy a few and see how they look.

Regarding the main piston part. I think I heard that too, and it seems plausible, but was it ever confirmed which kit it was from, like some other kit parts that has been identified.

The standoffs I've seen on eBay and DuckDuckGo searches and on McMaster-Carr's site were steel colored, not brass. And it seems they are different on the T1 than they are on the T2 - they are not the same type, or maybe I'm confusing the licensed skulls.
It's exactly 16mm. BUT seeing as both of my full sized endoskulls are T2 based, it might very well be wrong.
However I personally think they, the producers of T2 went with a different type of screw for T2, but the same size.

Thanks for the size info. I have found a few styles of Torq-Set screw heads - it's pretty hard to see in the T1 pictures which style it is, though, from what I can tell it has a slightly rounded top and perhaps flat bottom, so I'll try and get a few in that size and see how they look.

And yeah, the T2 skulls I've seen don't use the Torq-Set screw type. Though they all seem to use different screw styles. Some seems to use hex screws.

Thanks for the size info. I have found a few styles of Torq-Set screw heads - it's pretty hard to see in the T1 pictures which style it is, though, from what I can tell it has a slightly rounded top and perhaps flat bottom, so I'll try and get a few in that size and see how they look.

And yeah, the T2 skulls I've seen don't use the Torq-Set screw type. Though they all seem to use different screw styles. Some seems to use hex screws.
Indeed.

Yeah, the screw is definitely dome shaped with a flat bottom and beveled edge.
I did a 3D design and had it 3D printed. Wasn't happy with it so I put the whole thing on ice.

Always wondered how an actual learning computer would design an endoskeleton, and my interest in seeing this has peaked after I saw a video on youtube on the AI designed car that looks sleek and kinda menacing.

Interesting to see that the full endoskeleton prop PropStore is auctioning off now

PropStore - 2021-11-09-11 - Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction - Lot 378 - T2 - Endoskelet...jpg

used to look like this:

Endoskeleton - SyFy Exhibition - Madrid - 001.jpg
Endoskeleton - SyFy Exhibition - Madrid - 002.jpg
Endoskeleton - SyFy Exhibition - Madrid - 003.jpg
Endoskeleton - SyFy Exhibition - Madrid - 004.jpg
Endoskeleton - SyFy Exhibition - Madrid - 005.jpg
Endoskeleton - SyFy Exhibition - Madrid - 006.jpg
Endoskeleton - SyFy Exhibition - Madrid - 007.jpg
Endoskeleton - SyFy Exhibition - Madrid - 008.jpg

And I believe the head was originally just a bust from one of their internet chat speaker projects - I believe there is a video of Stan Winston using one - it has that hole in the brow as well, though the pictures I've found of those being sold at other auctions didn't have the painted teeth.

Last edited:
A group shot of a few endoskulls. I managed to get most of the paint off the Sideshow T-700 endoskull, but need to find something else for the rest as the stuff I used has a hard time working in the remaining areas. I had a little chuckle, because... I was wondering whether I was the first who had brushed the teeth of an endoskeleton. :)

The soft foam skull is in the middle and the skull that came with my LFS endoskeleton kit on the right.

Enjoy.

Endoskull-Sideshow-T-700-016.jpg

I've been looking at a lot of Endoskull images lately as I'm keen to aquire a accurate one and its all a bit bewildering. The licensed versions by Icons, Sideshow and HCG all claim to be derived from SWS but they all look different to each other and the originals (imho) Is the M1 considered the most accurate licensed skull?

The Stan Winston crew gifted skulls on yourprops look the most screen accurate to me. I like the aggressive looks of your foam head, the strong jawline and chin and the overall size of it gives it an even more menacing appearance.

The licensed skulls, if I'm remembering correctly nearly all source back to the LFS skull, however, they are all altered, warped, shrunk, idealized messes in their own rights.

The M1 has the best T2 details, only slightly sharpened, but the vinyl construction means that it is unevenly shrunk - the top part of the skull is what suffered the most of it, as such a large hollow piece shrinks and warps a lot more than more solid areas as down at the teeth area with its lots of angles and details, with the jaw potentially being pretty close to original size. If M1 ever released a resin skull from their master you would have the best endoskull out there - and with the advancements in rotocasting the owner would be able to realize the dream he expressed with keeping it lightweight. I just wish they could get the license again, but I don't think that's possible with Sideshow sitting so hard on it now, spitting out the same old distorted stuff. Though, of course, they could possibly work together with Sideshow and have them be the Western distributor.

Just look at how the M1 master looks. Pure perfection! The painted one is the original - you can tell by the two dots not being on the left side of the skull, with the grey one probably being a master cast with the silver one probably being a painted vinyl one.

Endo Skull - M1 - Yuji Nishimura - 001.jpg
Endo Skull - M1 - Yuji Nishimura - 003-1.jpg
Endo Skull - M1 - Yuji Nishimura - 004.jpg

Pictures taken from here:

Along with an amazing interview with the M1 owner:

Fantastic info, thanks!

Yeah that M1 master is a beauty, a new kit derived from that would be a dream scenario. I've been thinking of pulling the trigger on a Sideshow Combat version just to scratch the endoskull itch, but the face looks long and narrow . . . and those teeth :eek:

Is your foam head quite dense? I could see it being used as part of a stunt/pyro Endo in T2 or T2-3D

If you are going for the Sideshow I would recommend getting the T-700 and strip it and get it repainted, like I'm doing. It has ACCURATE teeth, compared to the other Sideshow pieces which all have horse teeth.

The foam skull is soft, so I fear it will eventually crumble and rot, like all foam pieces eventually do, so I'll try and have it 3D laser scanned and create a perfect skull from that mixed with other sources to complete it. The person I bought it from said it was recovered from a dumpster (which I know is a usual story for these kinds of things... but it kinda seems like a trial casting of some sort and just tossed, so maybe the story is correct) I just haven't been able to find any more info on it or the pictures from Stan Winston showing the mold and a similar casting. I guess they are afraid that I'll use anything they say to claim I own an original Stan Winston piece, so I get the hesitation.

Who would have known that the kid in the arcade who betrayed John to the T-1000 had a hand in the creation of the M1 kit :D

Its definitely a good idea to 3D scan the foam head. Is the T-700 essentially the same headsculpt? I thought there were subtle difference, but maybe I'm thinking of the Genisys T-800.

Last edited:
Wait... did I miss something? That kid is important in the creation of the M1 kit? EDIT: LOL, I completely forgot about that part. Cool.

I haven't compared the Sideshow T-700 to their T-800 as I don't have one, due to the teeth thing, but despite the minor surface irregularities on the T-700, which can easily be sanded away, I would think this is a pretty decent licensed version of the skull. Yes, it has that slightly narrow, elongated look, with the oversized front top chip vent, but everything else looks quite decent. Until something more accurate comes along it's about the only licensed skull, besides the M1, I would ever recommend to people.

The T-700's in Salvation was, if I remember correctly, just Sideshow skulls, maybe just with new teeth - but the Sideshow T-700 isn't from the movie T-700, they just took their own piece, grunged it up and called that the T-700. I know, confusing.

The Genisys onwards is a completely new sculpt completely removed from the original Stan Winston version.

Last edited:
From the article you linked.

There, I met Jeff, who works for James Cameron. He also played a role in the movie as a kid at the game arcade telling the T-1000 where John is. I told him about my desire to come up with an Endoskull model kit in Japan, and he said he could get me a high-quality original model from Stan Winston.

The T-700's in Salvation was, if I remember correctly, just Sideshow skulls, maybe just with new teeth - but the Sideshow T-700 isn't from the movie T-700, they just took their own piece, grunged it up and called that the T-700. I know, confusing.

I see, did not know that (y) I'l keep an eye out for T-700 version then. I'd definitely have to cover up the Salvation nameplate though ha

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back