Information Gathering: SWS One-Piece Endoskull

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

IFA

Sr Member
You should ask infos to RogueSkynet.......

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

The Terminator

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know what diameter the torque screw should be, judging by the M1 jaw. Other than that, no idea.

Take the following with huge pinch of salt, I believe the main jaw piston piece is from the landing gear from an aircraft kit. Think I read that.

The round standoffs are a pain in the behind!
Never did buy them, there are so many different versions, in different sizes. And most I found were brass I believe.

Too Much Garlic

Master Member
Cool. I would love to know the diameter. Then I can buy a few and see how they look.

Regarding the main piston part. I think I heard that too, and it seems plausible, but was it ever confirmed which kit it was from, like some other kit parts that has been identified.

The standoffs I've seen on eBay and DuckDuckGo searches and on McMaster-Carr's site were steel colored, not brass. And it seems they are different on the T1 than they are on the T2 - they are not the same type, or maybe I'm confusing the licensed skulls.

The Terminator

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Cool. I would love to know the diameter. Then I can buy a few and see how they look.

Regarding the main piston part. I think I heard that too, and it seems plausible, but was it ever confirmed which kit it was from, like some other kit parts that has been identified.

The standoffs I've seen on eBay and DuckDuckGo searches and on McMaster-Carr's site were steel colored, not brass. And it seems they are different on the T1 than they are on the T2 - they are not the same type, or maybe I'm confusing the licensed skulls.
It's exactly 16mm. BUT seeing as both of my full sized endoskulls are T2 based, it might very well be wrong.
However I personally think they, the producers of T2 went with a different type of screw for T2, but the same size.

Too Much Garlic

Master Member
Thanks for the size info. I have found a few styles of Torq-Set screw heads - it's pretty hard to see in the T1 pictures which style it is, though, from what I can tell it has a slightly rounded top and perhaps flat bottom, so I'll try and get a few in that size and see how they look.

And yeah, the T2 skulls I've seen don't use the Torq-Set screw type. Though they all seem to use different screw styles. Some seems to use hex screws.

The Terminator

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks for the size info. I have found a few styles of Torq-Set screw heads - it's pretty hard to see in the T1 pictures which style it is, though, from what I can tell it has a slightly rounded top and perhaps flat bottom, so I'll try and get a few in that size and see how they look.

And yeah, the T2 skulls I've seen don't use the Torq-Set screw type. Though they all seem to use different screw styles. Some seems to use hex screws.
Indeed.

Yeah, the screw is definitely dome shaped with a flat bottom and beveled edge.
I did a 3D design and had it 3D printed. Wasn't happy with it so I put the whole thing on ice.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.