Info on Police badge from Nash Bridges?

These photos came from a Japanese auction site. The badge is supposed to be that of Lt. A.J. Shimamura, one of the characters on the show, though the auction text doesn't specify whether this was a screen-used badge.

[attachmentid=6879]

The manufacturer of the badge is Irvine & Jachens:

[attachmentid=6880]

The badge bears a three-digit control number, which was obfuscated for the purposes of the auction:

[attachmentid=6881]

For comparison, here's the badge carried by Eastwood in Dirty Harry:

[attachmentid=6882]

Hope this helps. :)

{EDIT} Images removed to free up global space.

Originally posted by saber_holder@Feb 26 2006, 09:19 PM
Hey guys... I'm posting this for a friend who doesn't have any forum access :)

"I am looking for any info regarding anybody who makes, owns, or sells replicas of the SFPD SIU (San Francisco Police Department, Special Investigation Unit) badge(s) from the 1995-2001 USA t.v. show "Nash Bridges".Â* The only information I have is that the badge is a 7-point star which resembles, to some extent, the badge used by Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood) in the movie of the same name.Â* There were several characters within the SIU, all of whom probably had a unique badge number.Â* To the best of my knowledge the badge would PROBABLY say something to the effect of 'SFPD INVESTIGATOR."Â* Beyond that, all I know is that Nash (Don Johnson) had a badge number of 22.Â* Any help here would be hot!Â* If you have any questions that might help you locate such a badge for me, just let me know.Â* Thanks for your time."
[snapback]1194517[/snapback]​

They were issued SFPD 7 point gold 2.75" diameter stars with the text: "S.F. POLICE" on the bottom and the rank on top. Nash went from INSPECTOR to CAPTAIN in the series, his star # was 22. If I can dig out my Nash star I'll post a pic, but here is a similar star and Nash's cards. The badges are hallmarked "Irvine & Jachens." The numbers are applied, raised numbers. The production co. received permission from the SF Film Commission and SFPD to obtain authentic badges and ID's. It should be noted that Don was generally reviled by most cops and the show was not popular with cops except for comedy relief.

Here's part of my SF display showing similar badges and ID's from SFPD based productions

Last edited:
eltee, that is an AMAZING badge collection. Where did you get the LAPD sergeant one at the bottom of the pic? Is it real metal?

Originally posted by eltee@Feb 27 2006, 03:31 PM
Here's part of my SF display showing similar badges and ID's from SFPD based productions
Personally, I like that Mike Stone ID. Is that authentic to the screen-used? That's one of the few movie/TV cop IDs I've seen in which the picture looks as if it's a real ID photo and not a screen cap or publicity still.

Very nice.. :thumbsup

Originally posted by DL4567@Feb 26 2006, 11:10 PM
eltee, that is an AMAZING badge collection.Â* Where did you get the LAPD sergeant one at the bottom of the pic?Â* Is it real metal?
[snapback]1194564[/snapback]​

Yea...it is a regular metal shield, here is another look at part of my LA prop stuff

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack or divert this thread which is focused on Nash Bridges stuff.

Last edited:
It should be noted that Don was generally reviled by most cops and the show was not popular with cops except for comedy relief.

:lol That should come as no surprise knowing DJ! :lol

Great collection Eltee!

Since all photos are gone. I'm asking if anyone knows where to get a replica of the Nash Bridges Police badge and ID cards. Thanks! --Ed

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back