Influx of sketchy scam sites

woodywaverider

Sr Member
Came across this site: M19 Tank Telescope" full light port " Scope Replica KIT for DL44 / E11 blaster

It seems sketchy to me, the photos are of field marshal kit, as well as the m38. Wasn’t able to find any info on site or reviews, no fb or insta, prices seem to good to be true.

has anyone else used or heard of them? My gut says to avoid like the plague, but at least if nothing else I may alert some of you to a site using your images.

UPDATE:
Thought I would update, the site was only created on 30/7, more recently a whole host of sites with similar layout/contact info but different names have sprung up, most of the images seem to have been stolen from eBay listings or worthpoint etc - I’m pretty confident I can these are all scam sites

Some of the site names I’ve found coming up that all seem to be related;

They seem to be popping up all over
Basic layout is all the same, so just go careful out there.

Hopefully they will get taken down soon, but at the rate they are springing up I wouldn’t count on it.

Last edited:
wow, that is crazy! damn, it's really bad if we start to face this kind of problems... that is pretty advanced scamming...

I fell for one this past month. It was for cookware by ALL-CLAD. It looked like their factory outlet, which turns out they don’t have one. The site looked so official. I paid $175 and as soon as the payment was made through PayPal checkout, the “person paid” showed as a Chinese name. I immediately knew that wasn’t right. So I looked around online and read that it is a scam site. I contacted PayPal and explained that people online have reported this site to them in the past as fraud, but PayPal denied my claim to cancel and refund, as “I need to give them time to ship item”. And here I am, two weeks later, and still no tracking. I did read that once I open dispute, the seller will add a fake tracking that shows delivered, and PayPal will deny my dispute again. So I’m out the money.

Last edited:
I fell for one this past month. It was for cookware by ALL-CLAD. It looked like their factory outlet, which turns out they don’t have one. The site looked so official. I paid $175 and as soon as the payment was made through PayPal checkout, the “person paid” showed as a Chinese name. I immediately knew that wasn’t right. So I looked around online and read that it is a scam site. I contacted PayPal and explained that people online have reported this site to them in the past as fraud, but PayPal denied my claim to cancel and refund, as “I need to give them time to ship item”. And he I am, two weeks later, and still no tracking. I did read that once I open dispute, the seller will add a fake tracking that shows delivered, and PayPal will deny my dispute again. So I’m out the money.
Good luck, I would like to think PayPal are smarter than that, they should also give you the opportunity to provide your own evidence, so you may be able to contact the ‘delivery’ company to confirm the tracking is fake?

Even Amazon has that kind of vendors on its site: Chinese and impossible to refund with PayPal. Use a credit card instead. Happened to me and Visa-MasterCard refunded my order(y)

Good luck, I would like to think PayPal are smarter than that, they should also give you the opportunity to provide your own evidence, so you may be able to contact the ‘delivery’ company to confirm the tracking is fake?
You would think PayPal was smarter, but they only care that a tracking number is provided and that it shows as delivered.

I fell for one this past month. It was for cookware by ALL-CLAD. It looked like their factory outlet, which turns out they don’t have one. The site looked so official. I paid $175 and as soon as the payment was made through PayPal checkout, the “person paid” showed as a Chinese name. I immediately knew that wasn’t right. So I looked around online and read that it is a scam site. I contacted PayPal and explained that people online have reported this site to them in the past as fraud, but PayPal denied my claim to cancel and refund, as “I need to give them time to ship item”. And here I am, two weeks later, and still no tracking. I did read that once I open dispute, the seller will add a fake tracking that shows delivered, and PayPal will deny my dispute again. So I’m out the money.
Even better, they’ll actually ship you something like a crappy cheap item in the vein of what you ordered, and then demand you ship it back to get your refund. Shipping out of China costs nothing, but shipping into China costs a fiortune. Most people don’t bother at that point, although 175 is a more significant number.

almost every Facebook and IG ad seems to be a scam with good looking items from unknown vendors/sites.

almost every Facebook and IG ad seems to be a scam with good looking items from unknown vendors/sites.
Yep, I’ve seen a lot of dodgy ads on fab/insta for lightsabers, normally upselling LGT/TXQ hilts, I’ve heard of people that got sent cheap plastic toys too, but never for some of the more niche SW replicas. now l’m wondering if it’s something more sophisticated in that mirrors your search? The Yoda illuminator I get, as it’s a Disney product that’s hard to come by, but is occasionally sold online, but the m19 scope is a bit more off beat.

Yep - I actually fell for an "outdoor and marine supply" site. My credit card stopped it because it was fishy.

My daughter has been hit with a bait and switch listing on Amazon several times. Wonderful picture of a decoration with dramatic lighting, when the item arrived it had a dim LED which in it's location would have been impossible to light the object as shown in the listing- pure Photoshop. I contacted Amazon and explained what happened, how that seller was using Amazon to pull a cheap scam and after a brief exchange we got a full refund and the item listing was pulled from the website.
Hate to say it but I avoid any Chinese sellers these days, Takes forever to arrive, months instead of days and most of the time the item is not what was advertised. We do buy through Amazon whenever possible, they take care of us when the seller wants to deny and ghost.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back