Infinity Stones on a budget: Tesseract and Orb

SocialMogo

So since most of the Infinity Stones in the MCU have been revealed (4 of 6), I've decided to start making the ones we already know about. So far, I only have 2 completed. The Tesseract from Captain America: The First Avenger and The Avengers, and the Orb from Guardians of the Galaxy. I don't have a lot of money to work on my props, so here's what I did on a small budget.

For the Tesseract, I took a clear photo cube from Michaels, and sprayed it with frosted spray paint. Then I took some blue LED lights I got off of Amazon and wrapped them in wax paper. I then put the wrapped up lights in the cube. It costed about $20 to make the cube, but now that I have the other materials, I only need to buy another photo cube and that's only a few bucks.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

For the Orb, I took a styrofoam ball I bought at Walmart and then carved in some random designs with a soldering iron (already had that). After that was done, I painted the Orb with black acrylic paint, then with gunmetal grey acrylic paint. I also made a stand for it using some wooden dowels and base I got at Michaels.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Since the styrofoam ball came in a pack of two, I made another Orb. But this time, I cut it in half to put the infinity stone inside. I glued some strips of magnetic tape on both pieces. I made the Infinity Stone out of clay and painted it with some purple acrylic paint.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I didn't keep track of how much this cost, but it wasn't too expensive.

As for the other stones, I'm still thinking about how to do the Aether, and am still working on Loki's Scepter.
image.jpgimage.jpg
I have to reattach the blades to it, but I might have another idea for that stone (I won't go any further on that since it contains spoilers to Avengers: Age of Ultron).

So that's what I have so far. If you have any comments, questions, tips, etc. let me know. But for now, here's Thanos with the two stones.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Here's an update. Loki's Scepter it finished.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
So I've done 3 of the 4 Infinity Stones that have been introduced so far in the Marvel movies. All that's left for now is the Aether.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back