Indy MR

I'm kinda hoping never. I like my independent props, and licensed replicas will definately decrease both the cool factor and value of existing pieces.

IIRC, they had planned official versions of many of the independently produced props out there (Ra headpiece, Grail diary, Fertility Idol) but were holding off until the next movie was being publicized.

It's just another waiting game for the time being...put on your patience hat. :)

Bruce

It's all business. Why release it now when there really is no hype in the news? When the movie comes out, EVERYTHING Indy will be popular, especially expensive props like MR's.

Steve told me himself that they had acquired the Indy liscence some time ago and then a friend who knows Jim Ward at LFL said they had never sold it. That being the case, I'd think that they were in talks to produce the stuff but are now holding out for Indy 4.
We've already seen a proto of the headpiece so that backs up the story that MR told me that they had already gone to look over the props at the archives. Obviously they did or we would not have seen the prototype.
I was told we'd see an Idol, the Grail Diary and a Raven Bar headpiece to be sold with a Belloq Headpiece which I think is a bad, bad, BAD idea since there were no Nazi headpieces in the film. I for one have zero interest in seeing the Belloq Headpiece at all, in any way shape or form. Why, when they can go on to produce something better like staff attachements for the Headpiece?

I thought that was a pic of the headpiece in the archives and not really the prototype. I can't remember where I heard that though, COW maybe?

<div class='quotetop'>(agent5 @ May 24 2006, 09:02 PM) [snapback]1249900[/snapback]</div>
I for one have zero interest in seeing the Belloq Headpiece at all, in any way shape or form.
[/b]

Neither do I... I was just wondering as MR makes some great replicas (with some exceptionary cases :p) and with the official license and all, well just wanted to check if they could make a better work than our independent makers, tough job tbh. Still was and am expecting quite a lot from this, even though ill have to wait it seems.

Thanks a lot guys for the info. :)

any company that seems to get into get into prop making seem to mess them up in some way. fan made replicas pay greater attention to detail and quality.

<div class='quotetop'>(earpick @ Jun 9 2006, 04:43 AM) [snapback]1258888[/snapback]</div>
any company that seems to get into get into prop making seem to mess them up in some way. fan made replicas pay greater attention to detail and quality.
[/b]

Geesh...not this debate again. :lol

I've seen horrid fan-made pieces and horrid corporate pieces. On the other hand, I've seen really nice - accurate pieces from both camps. In my experience, there hasn't been any consistent trend that either are consistently better or worse, though the best stuff MR has produced no fan-made item has been able to touch, IMO. You simply can't get the same price/performance when you're doing runs less than several hundred.

I'm really looking forward to the IJ stuff. I figure I'll not spend any more for the items in question (probably less) than the really high-end fan produced stuff and have a legal, licensed replica to boot. Of course, I'm someone who normally waits till I can see a real example of a prop before I buy, so I always run the risk of missing out due to sell-outs. I've had pretty good luck so far though. ;)

I love MR tbh, and I think (my view) that they can make the best props out there, though not very prop from them is the best tbh... u get what i mean

<div class='quotetop'>(agent5 @ May 24 2006, 07:02 PM) [snapback]1249900[/snapback]</div>
Steve told me himself that they had acquired the Indy liscence some time ago and then a friend who knows Jim Ward at LFL said they had never sold it. That being the case, I'd think that they were in talks to produce the stuff but are now holding out for Indy 4.
[/b]

Well, I think I read in a RS thread that it was not MR´s decision to wait until Indy 4 hits the cinemas, but LFL told them that they had to. It´s a pitty as this could mean that we´ll see a lot of Indy 4 stuff and will have to wait for the Indy 1, 2 and 3 stuff

Domenik

I believe it was a LFL decision to wait. Why not release them now? I think they missed the boat with the dvd release, actually. They could have started releasing Raiders stuff the year the dvd's were released, then TOD the following year and LC the year after that. If there's any time left over maybe do a limited run of something from the films and then soon enough it'd be time to release the Indy 4 stuff.

Why not release them now and get the hype started? Why not one prop from each film in the first series. Idol or Headpiece, Sankara Stones, Holy Grail. Relatively simple stuff and you know people would buy it. I sure hope that the first 3 films don't get screwed if they wanna mix in the Indy 4 stuff or decide to do that first. I'm all about Raiders and licenced props from Raiders are LONG overdue.

Thry could've even used the 25th anniversary (next week) of Raiders as a selling point.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back