Indy 4

Re: Am I the only one who liked Indy 4 ?

Most of it was enjoyable. I could have done without the fridge (though the nuke was very well crafted IMO). I thought it would have been better had Indy hopped into the fridge and when the countdown reached zero nothing happened. I could have also done without the vine swinging and using the tree to safely lower the truck to the ground.

Over the years the more I've thought about it..

Indy never should have survived past WWII.

The era was over for that kind of adventurer.

It's on the level of TOD. Didn't like either but they don't kill the franchise. Honestly, if it weren't for the aliens I'd probably look on the rest of it much better.

No worse than Temple of Doom, and don't forget that Last Crusade had some cringe-worthy moments, too.

The Last Crusade had heart. A whole lot o' it. That counts for heaps.

I'm thinking that George just wanted his old Friend Steven to have some fun expanding on his first UFO home movie theme ("Firelight" wasn't it?).

You really believe that?

My friends and I have come to refer to it as a multi-animal turd kabob.

One pile of **** isn't enough to quantify the film.

That's pretty much how I would describe it. The feeling I had when watching it was that it was manufactured on the same assembly line that cranked out the prequels. Not heart, no soul, too much green screen, not enough character moments, and no where near gritty enough. I was actually very surprised and disappointment that it was so bad.

add me to the "it was ok" crowd. Toward the middle was where it got bad. If you enjoy it, then that's all that matters

It was the first Indy movie I did not rush to see opening weekend. I stayed back. I guess I had a funny feeling. And then when I heard the rumblings from friends of disappointment I waited to rent it on Netflix. When that day finally came I popped it in and by the end of the first fifteen minutes which ends with some tongue-in-cheek slapstick involving a ground hog I popped it back out again. It was sorta like when you see your friend fall 60 feet from a ledge... you look down at first to see how he landed but then you look away as fast as you can when you start to make out the cracked bones sticking out of his legs at impossible angles. I couldn't get that DVD out fast enough. Look away!

The worse part about the movie is the ridiculously overblown descriptions that people come up with to express their displeasure over a simple movie.

So is Lucas more Hitler for this or the Prequels?

The worse part about the movie is the ridiculously overblown descriptions that people come up with to express their displeasure over a simple movie.

Or actually its the pointless expressions of displeasure about the expressions of displeasure.

I liked it just fine, and thought it fit will with the series of films. As for any over the top parts, all the movies have over the top parts!

An ark leveling an island but leaving two people fine in the midst of a fire maelstrom.

A guy still lives with his heart out of his chest.

An airplane going through a tunnel and the pilot looking at the motorcycle as he passes.

I could go on and on but it did a good job of carrying the series forward. The only complaint, which unfortunately is true in too many movies today, is the over reliance on the CGI in too many scenes (hence why Avatar to me was "eh").

If I had to rank them it would be ROTLA, TLC, KCS and then TOD. The main reason TOD is last is that watching child slaves and them being beaten is tough to watch in any way, even if it rocks to see Indy kick the guards ass.

Sure. I'm not a mind reader, so will never know, but sure, why not. George has money, fame and power why would he not ease off and realx and just enjoy the company of his old friends doing what they love doing?

Steven has stated, on camera, that when George told him the plot for this show, he said, "Really... ALIENS?!" And that he didn't want to do another film about 'em (not just yet, anyway). That's what prompted George to call the aliens "interdimentional beings," after all.

And really, the 'Berg doesn't need to expand on Firelight again. I mean, he's done so countless times: Close Encounters, E.T., War of the Worlds, and a whole bunch of other TV shows he's produced.

That's what prompted George to call the aliens "interdimentional beings," after all.

And that changes things.... how? They're still aliens.

Still, I could live with the Aliens a bit more if only they didn't change Indiana Jones' daughter into a bast&#* son Shia Labugfudge. Freaking male biased prees. Did Lucas or Spielberg not see the last great attempt at giving a much loved and cherished icon a bast@!$ child in "Superman Returns"?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back