Industrial strength velcro?

captainhappy

Greetings all. I need to buy some velcro for my neck seal on my Vader helmet and was told to buy industrial strength velcro. My question is, does it really hold better than just typical velcro like on the stormtrooper kits? Where does one look for industrial strength velcro?

I get mine at Home Depot. It is alot better than "normal" velcro, well worth the extra money, etc. If you need alot of it, Sam's Club had the best price on it.

It's much cheaper at Walmart, and comes in smaller lengths as well. At Home Depot, I could only find little strips, or $30 worth.

Michaels and JoAnne's sell it too, and if they usually have 40-50% off one item coupons in each Sunday's newspaper.

Good deal.. :)

Lonnie

It's the only kind of velcro I use. I can't say enough good things about it.

Interesting, I didn't know Michaels sold it. I'll have to check and see if they have it at the one close to my wife's work.

Originally posted by vaderfanforever@Dec 17 2005, 11:04 AM
What section in Walmart can you find the Idustrial strength velcro? I have seen a fan set up in a Vader lid that I might try.

Eli
[snapback]1137991[/snapback]​
Fabric dept

Industrial strength velcro is really good on hard surfaces. If you're looking to use it on flexible surfaces, I don't know if I'd recommend it. I've tried to use it on vinyl, and the adhesive never fully "cured." I had to use Goo-gone to remove it, and Shoe Goo to attach some regular velcro instead.

To get velcro to stay on leather(I imagine it would work with vinyl, also) I use regular crazy glue to back it(between the material and velcro) and to seal the edges. The velcro will not be going ANYWHERE(ever). :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back