Indrid's Kaine suit build

IndridColdx

Hey everyone, I am currently making a Kaine Scarlet Spider suit
I basically wanted to make the suit for awhile and finally have the money for it.

The pattern was bought from Orhadar (I like it more because it has more muscle shading than other Kaine patterrns and is also red instead of orange), and printed from FOD.
Pattern is currently being printed/shipped by FOD as we speak.

The thing that I wanted to do with it was quite unique, instead of going for Ben Reilley Lenses like i've seen other cosplayers do, I've opted for Superior Spiderman lenses.
I know it's a bit weird, but the vision I had for them is really cool.
I wanted to make a transparent lens for the eyes, hopefully I will get it right.
I asked TJack to tint the lenses red and they came out awesome!
B9TbphtCUAAiGqX.jpg

So the next step is to mold the lenses around my faceshell.
I will also be tinting the domes using transparent red paint that I will use an airbrush to spray.
Does anyone have any tips regarding this? Would airbrushing transparent paint allow me to see through them?
Another thing I have questions on is:
Should I dremel small holes for the magnets, or can I glue them straight on without fear of them getting knocked off by accident? If I can glue them outside, what kind of glue should I use?

Either way, I will keep you all posted!

And done!

Screenshot_2015-04-21-20-26-47.pngScreenshot_2015-04-21-20-23-36.pngScreenshot_2015-04-21-20-26-40.pngScreenshot_2015-04-21-20-27-37.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEzwGlh_c84

Last edited:
Small update

I bought myself some Tamiya TS-31 Orange spray paint as it looks extremely close to the actual suit color. I will spray this over the lenses...though I am not sure if its actually transparent.
If anyone can confirm, that would be great. If it isnt transparent, is there a way to make it so? Like spraying it at a distance?
Thanks for the input

Tamiya spray is definitely NOT transparent - if you spray from a distance the only thing which would make it transparent would be the places on the lens which are not covered by paint [or that it was sprayed thin enough that you could see through it - aka ppl could see in and you could see out

Another update:

Found out that most airbrush compressors are 300$ or more around here, same thing with amazon.
Is there an alternative to tinting clear plastic?

For a long while I looked into using car window tint to make something like this; that may be something you can check out.

Also, this could be worth looking at. Whether you buy from this guy or not, attaching a material like this to the lenses could work.

For a long while I looked into using car window tint to make something like this; that may be something you can check out.

Also, this could be worth looking at. Whether you buy from this guy or not, attaching a material like this to the lenses could work.

That does actually look cool...might look into it...hm

Can I see through it? Im sure you can, I just don't see it in the description

Update:

Had some hiccups with the actual lenses so I think I will set them aside for my next project.

I went for Oracle's Kaine Scarlet Spider lenses because as soon as I saw them I needed them, it was like a calling...
il_570xN.688076154_5sx5.jpg

I only got the lenses because I already have a faceshell, which I have drilled already for airholes. I'll work on the eye holes as soon as I can.

B9c56DOIQAEzcTe.jpgB9c5hK7IQAAX8Nh.jpg

Also today the fabric came in and looks good! no errors or anything. I have contacted my tailor and we will work on it soon

10995917_1541367632789759_5146240072012274491_n.jpg

SWEET! Love those lenses!! I'm gonna have to get some for my Iron Spider suit in October. Print looks good too. Is that a Gunhead design? Lovin the Kane build, well pretty much anything web head I love. Look forward to seeing your progress.

SWEET! Love those lenses!! I'm gonna have to get some for my Iron Spider suit in October. Print looks good too. Is that a Gunhead design? Lovin the Kane build, well pretty much anything web head I love. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Thank you!
Yeah the lenses are amazing, I think I will use my current lenses for another project, like Superior or even Iron Spider.

Yes the pattern is from orhadar, I chose it because it had better muscle shading than the other ones!

No new updates really, but I am meeting with my tailor next to sew the suit up and I should have the faceshell ready soon if the lenses come in!

Here's another pic of the pattern

1424386174167.jpg

Update!

Got my lenses finally, some error caused the shipment to never arrive for some reason, so Oracle was extremely nice enough to express ship me another for free.

They look amazing! A bit cloudy looking through them, but I can manage!

They also look crooked because I slapped them on real fast to see if they mold onto my Tjack shell and they do!

B___WdgXIAE-uOD.jpg

Does anyone have any recommendations for glasses in a faceshell? My current glasses are way too big for the shell, should I just pick up some cheap glasses at the pharmacy?

The Fabric was given to my tailor who will now work on it, should be done in the next week or so.

All that needs to be done is:

-Glue on the faceshell magnets (i make a dome of glue around the magnet, right?)
-Drill eye holes
-Wear the suit
-Glue shoes

Update:
So I got myself a glue gun and hotglued the magnets to the back of the shell, i'll probably have to shave them down as they dig into my face, but the faceshell is pretty much done.
I also cut through the material with scissors and after destroying my grip, I made holes big enough to see through.

Now all I need is to wait for the tailor to finish my suit, and install the shoes. I will also need to find some small frame cheap glasses to wear underneath the shell.

Does anyone have any recommendation for glasses?

Testing this with my symbiote suit since the top part of the suit is black

11059405_1552603118332877_3792274358553493884_n.jpg11073393_1552603161666206_7637211379920055626_n.jpg11072174_1552603131666209_7044043356302683176_n.jpg10580242_1552603078332881_4602954598131643888_n.jpg10455655_1552603041666218_1132398570331132450_n.jpg

for the "ca parait full blanc" lol.. u might have a look at my thread with overdying the inside out of the suit.. fabric tulip paint in spray at michaels

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back