Indiana Jones Torch Prop

Matthew Gresham

Any idea where I can get a real looking torch that has led fire or that I can add led effect to that looks similar to the torch Indy uses in the snake pit in Raiders? Doesn't have to be perfect replica just want one that looks rustic and passable

If you're ok with a not perfect replica have you considered trying to make one yourself? You could ty hollowing out a piece of wood or even carving one from expanding foam and then gutting a fake torch and sticking it in the top. Something like this: Amazon.com: Fortune Products FLM-101 4-in-1 Battery Flame, 6" Diameter, 4 3/8" Height, 6" Flame, Black Bowl with Blue and Orange LEDs: Gateway

Looking at screengrabs, you should be able to make the body of the torch from EVA foam pretty easily. Just make a thin cone, add some details lines by cutting them with an Xacto and heating them to open them up, add some straps, paint it up and there you go. One torch body, just add the parts from one of those LED torches that I listed above and that should do the job.

I made one a few years ago and what I did was buy a fake flame torch from eBay paid £7.99 I then cut off the top portion as it was a bit wide and only made of plastic, i then cut strips of wood and tied them around the plastic body of the torch using a thick rough garden type string (the hairy type) & it looked pretty good,hope this helps you out and good luck, sorry I can't post a photo of the one I made but it got left outside after an Indiana jones theme fun day at my allotment,and it rained which ruined it (must make another one).

Last edited:
There's a new seller on the Bay called Jonesinforprops who is selling one right now with the title: "Indy Torch" Well of Souls Raiders of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones. (Not sure if linking to auctions is allowed here, but you can do the search yourself.) Looks like it's going for about $150 shipped. He mentions that it takes him about 10 days to build, but he will build it to your exact specifications (i.e. size, shape, binding, distressing, etc.).

I actually just bought one of his "Toht Hangers" recently and I'm pretty pleased (shipped quickly), so I would feel comfortable recommending him as a good seller.

I don't personally own one of these torches, but they look pretty cool. (Especially if you mount it with the "optional" (read, extra cost) sconce mount that he shows in the pictures.)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back