1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Interest Indiana Jones - "Peacock's Eye" Diamond (aka: Lao Che Diamond) CUBIC ZIRCONIA!!!

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by RelicMaker, Oct 19, 2016.

1. RelicMaker

RelicMaker Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Interest List - "Peacock's Eye" Diamond (aka: Lao Che Diamond) CUBIC ZIRCONIA!!!

I noticed years back that the Diamond seen in the screen caps below is more of a oval shape and not round, like we've seen on some replicas made in the past. The top of the diamond also comes to an elongated point, rather than a flat round circle.

Who would be interested in a new version of the "Peacock's Eye" Diamond made to match the one on screen and made from "Cubic Zirconia"?

I'm sure most of you know how 'Cubic Zirconia' literally matches the sparkle of a real diamond in almost every way, making ones made of crystal glass very inferior.

Having crystals cut from 'Cubic Zirconia' is more expensive than crystal glass, so there is a price increase compared to previous replicas.

Price: $95

FOR SALE NOW!!! PM ME!!!

Also, here's a new video to show how sparkly it is!!!

DiamondProto1.jpg

DiamondProto2.jpg

DiamondProto3.jpg

DiamondProto5.jpg

DiamondProto6.jpg

Peacock1sm.jpg
    Peacock2sm.jpg
    Peacock3sm.jpg
    Peacock4sm.jpg
    Peacock5sm.jpg
    Peacock6sm.jpg
    Peacock7sm.jpg
    Peacock8sm.jpg
    Peacock9sm.jpg

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  2. JKKS

JKKS Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Re: Interest List - "Lao Che Diamond" made in CUBIC ZIRCONIA!!! New Version! New Shap

Interested. Would love to upgrade my current diamond.

3. teecrooz

teecrooz Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Re: Interest List - "Lao Che Diamond" made in CUBIC ZIRCONIA!!! New Version! New Shap

Interested.

4. glottis

glottis Active Member

Interested. Thank you for doing this Brenton!

5. Sarednab

Sarednab Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Interested!

6. WingdSoldier

WingdSoldier Jr Member

Sign me up :)

7. RelicMaker

Here's a comparison pic between Cubic Zirconia and Crystal Glass.

The top two are my Cubic Zirconia replicas of the British Royal Crown Jewels. The Cullinan I & II, next to a previous crystal glass replica of the Lao Che Diamond at the bottom. The facets capture much more light and is very reflective and similar to a real diamond.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    MurdocXXL and Sarednab like this.
  8. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member

The final peice of my Indy Collection ! Finally.
    Thank you Brenton.

I'm in !

9. Solos blaster

Solos blaster Sr Member

What's the timeframe for the project? I may be interested....

10. RelicMaker

Right now, I'm guessing it will be around 2 to 3 months.

11. Solos blaster

Solos blaster Sr Member

Count me in then:thumbsup.

12. markpoon

markpoon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

hi brenton,

please put me down for one :)

13. naward

naward New Member

Interested!

14. ave4uevoli

ave4uevoli Sr Member

Interested

15. Raiders March

Raiders March Active Member

I'll say yes... my diamond has needed an upgrade for ages. Thanks for offering these!

16. Eurojunkman

Eurojunkman New Member

Please add me to the list. Thank you in advance.

17. infinity00

infinity00 New Member

Interested

18. misfit138

misfit138 New Member

I'm interested.

19. marvanza

marvanza New Member

Oh yes, very interested, always nice to add more screen accurate pieces to the collection

20. mbmcfarland

mbmcfarland Sr Member

Interested!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

21. Joe310blk

Joe310blk Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm interested , many thanks Brenton
    Joe

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  22. Archangelysses

Archangelysses New Member

Hell yes Brenton. Put me down for 1 most definitely. Your work is amazing Sir.

23. russellsch

russellsch Sr Member

What kind of time frame are looking at for these? I've always loved this scene in the movie. I probably shouldn't (hence the timeframe question), but put me down as interested.

24. whoever

whoever Well-Known Member

YES!!! Want. Put me down. Don't even remember who made mine but it is pretty good, and this will be even better.

25. Planettera

Planettera Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Having worked with crystals and zirconia before, isn't zirconia a fragile gem which very easily breaks? Also the cut domed cut with the flat bottom shape does not reflect light as good as brilliant cut shapes like the ones in the sample picture.

26. Jintosh

Jintosh Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yep. That's what I was thinking. With a flat bottom, less light is reflected UP at the person.

That being said, CZ is still better than glass no matter how you look at it.

RelicMaker likes this.
  27. Bogleo

Bogleo Well-Known Member

The reason cubic zirconia looks better/more like diamond is that it has a higher Index of Refraction (IOR). The IOR of glass is about 1.5, cubic zirconia is about 2.2, and diamond is 2.417.

What that means is light travels 2.417 times faster through a vacuum than it does through diamond. This results in light refracting at a sharper angle, which makes for a more brilliant look.

So basically, it's the refractivity as well as reflectivity, that makes CZ/diamonds look better than glass. Hope that makes sense.

RelicMaker likes this.
  28. Jintosh

Diamonds1sm.jpg ...... CZ stone.jpg

Okay, here's a ROSE CUT that was common is the old days. It has a flat bottom and yet does indeed reflect a lot of light.

Definitely MUCH better than the glass.

29. boochydog

boochydog Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

crap, put me on the list. thanks!!

30. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I bet this is gonna look awesome!

As far as the CZ vs glass/crystal debate goes, from my own experience getting things made out of both, I did a wishmaster gem out of both glass and CZ, and I gotta tell ya, the CZ pops like crazy compared to the same cut in glass. I have a video on youtube showing em off.

Can't wait to see how these turn out!
    Chris

Simpson77 and RelicMaker like this.
  31. choanata

choanata New Member

I'm super interested, been wanting one of these for a long time.

32. Jintosh

Okay, I talked myself into it. It'll be better than the glass one I have.

Please put me on the list.

RelicMaker likes this.
  33. Feraud

Feraud Sr Member

Interested! Please add me to the list. Thanks!!

34. sfnotary

sfnotary New Member

Interested!

35. RelicMaker

UPDATE:

Since there was some talk about how the Diamonds weren't fairly placed for comparison in the photos previously posted, I turned the Cullinan II Diamond onto it's big front facet, so it would reflect the same light as the other Indy Diamond.

So, now they both have the big flat bottoms, and you can still see a difference between CZ and Crystal Glass.

[​IMG]

russellsch likes this.
  36. Fallen21

Fallen21 New Member

Interested:)

37. Jintosh

Yes, sometimes LOGIC gets in the way of REALITY. :lol

RelicMaker likes this.
  38. Rolinos

Rolinos New Member

Put me down as interested as well!

Rolinos

39. Raiders March

Anything new on this one Brenton:)

40. RelicMaker

The factory has completed and shipped me the prototype to approve. As soon as I get it in, I'll post some pics of it.

It should only take them a couple of weeks to complete the full order.

russellsch, Feraud and teecrooz like this.
  41. Raiders March

AWEsome! Thanks

42. RelicMaker

UPDATE:

Here is the prototype!!!

Only thing that is changing on this is the size. It is .5 centimeters too big, but what you see is what you will get!!! :cool:thumbsup

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

43. Sarednab

Sarednab Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Fantastic!!!

RelicMaker likes this.
  44. glottis

glottis Active Member

Stunning. For the first time, it's now obvious to me why it's called the peacock's eye. Thanks for doing this.

RelicMaker likes this.
  45. Jintosh

Glad I got on this one. :D:cool

RelicMaker likes this.
  46. Feraud

Feraud Sr Member

Gorgeous! I'm so thrilled to see this happening!!

RelicMaker likes this.
  47. JKKS

JKKS Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Magnificent job. I'm super happy to be able to upgrade my diamond.

RelicMaker likes this.
  48. RelicMaker

Thanks, guys! Much appreciated! :)

It probably won't be until after the New Year when these will be ready to ship, unless there is a Christmas miracle or something... :unsure

49. Joe310blk

Joe310blk Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Fantastic modification on the design Brenton ,to the original screen used prop.Congrats friend ,Well done :thumbsup :D

50. russellsch

russellsch Sr Member

That'll work for me :)
    Christmas is killing me this year :facepalm

Solos blaster likes this.