Indiana Jones papers, pics, maps, inserts?

kevin926

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've always wanted to have a printout collection from Indiana Jones. Seeing how most of the time he's reading something about the adventure, I've always felt his props would be more intellectual . I plan on having a couple of actual prop pieces like the Grail, Ra head piece ,Idol and Stone, But the majority would be books and paper work like maps or pictures.

I have been looking all around here as well as Google's images but not really coming up with much. I did notice at one time there looked to be a few items available here but the links no longer work or the image has been removed.

I was hoping for an Indiana Jones interest resurrection .

Here are some of the pieces I'm looking for.

Map to the idol
Passports
Money
Inserts to the Abner journal or grail diary
Pictures (non screen grabs but something we would see as a background or side story insert)

All images are welcome.

Any input or links would also be of great help.

Please and thank you in advance
Kevin

All of these came from here, I don't know who made them originally but I've had them saved for a long time (if anybody wants me to remove these, let me know):

6121566048987546064.JPG connery 2.png Henry Jones Sr 3.jpg Henry Jones Sr 5.jpg Henry Jones Sr 2.jpg raiders-map-W.jpg~original.jpg

These are some telegrams from the Indiana Jones Adventure queue in Disneyland that I made:

Telegram 1.png Telegram 2.png

These are just some pics I found on google to use as filler for my Ravenwood diary to go along with Walter's story:

IMG_4248.JPG IMG_4249.GIF IMG_4250.jpg IMG_4251.JPG

I'd love more inserts and random paper stuff as well, especially for Abner's journal.

Please dont take these down. I need to print them tomorrow. Lol.

Thank you for these. I hope more images can be shared by others.

Side question. For older photos, I was thinking of using brochure paper. It's not as glossy or has the same feel as newer photo prints. I know the older prints have a much different look and feel. What has been a popular choice for the look of old photos?

Please dont take these down. I need to print them tomorrow. Lol.

Thank you for these. I hope more images can be shared by others.

Side question. For older photos, I was thinking of using brochure paper. It's not as glossy or has the same feel as newer photo prints. I know the older prints have a much different look and feel. What has been a popular choice for the look of old photos?

I used some light matte card stock for mine.

I have access to a black and white laser printer. I'm going to give both a try to see what looks the best.

Has anyone tried to find old postage meter stamps? Might be fun to use

Edit..

I think I can make one the more I think about it. Simple concept.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to find old postage meter stamps? Might be fun to use

Edit..

I think I can make one the more I think about it. Simple concept.

What I've done in the past is make whatever envelope/postcard in photoshop, overlay the postage stamp, and then the meter stamp to get them in the right locations, then save each layer as a different image. Then I can print the postcard, print the stamp on adhesive paper, cut it out, stick it on, then run the postcard back through the printer to print the meter stamp on.

That's how I did this:

IMG_3164.JPG

(The images all came from here, I didn't make them. I just laid them on top of each other in photoshop to make them print like this.)

All of these came from here, I don't know who made them originally but I've had them saved for a long time (if anybody wants me to remove these, let me know):

View attachment 1321700 View attachment 1321701 View attachment 1321702 View attachment 1321703 View attachment 1321704 View attachment 1321705

These are some telegrams from the Indiana Jones Adventure queue in Disneyland that I made:

View attachment 1321706 View attachment 1321707

These are just some pics I found on google to use as filler for my Ravenwood diary to go along with Walter's story:

View attachment 1321711 View attachment 1321712 View attachment 1321713 View attachment 1321714

I'd love more inserts and random paper stuff as well, especially for Abner's journal.
what size do these need to be . they are filling the page so I know I need to adjust them. thank you

The map is for 11 x 17 paper (you could cut it in half in a photo editing program and print it on two standard 8.5 x 11 sheets). I think I made the telegrams to print at the correct size automatically. Then they're folded like this:

IMG_5221.jpeg IMG_5222.jpeg

The pics I just print whatever size I need to fit where I want them and I alternate sizes, borders, rounded corners, etc. so they're not all uniform:

IMG_5218.jpeg

Your idea for this thread is very welcome as am putting together a Ravenwood / Ark diary while eagerly awaiting one of these: Indy's Ravenwood Diary

Some images that might be useful:

Ark.jpg

Attachments

• hiero BW.jpeg
    hiero BW.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 228
  • HP3a.jpg
    HP3a.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 211
  • HP-bw.jpg
    HP-bw.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 233
  • ka.jpg
    ka.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 251
  • Map of the Eastern Nile Delta.jpg
    Map of the Eastern Nile Delta.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
So that Solomon's Treasure news clipping was actually from the 5/5/1911 New York Times. They have scans of old papers in their "time machine" section so I subscribed for a month. Here's the clipping and what would have been printed on the opposite side. It would have been approximately over top of the Gulf of Mexico portion of the map.

Edit: I just did screenshots. Close enough for us.

Solomons Treasure Front.png Solomons Treasure Back.png

Attachments

• 104824607.pdf
    38.2 KB · Views: 220
  • 104824618.pdf
    191 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
This may also be of interest. It's from the May 7, 1911 issue. I BELIEVE the back of the page would have been a page full of ads, but the Times website won't let me save that page, so the page that I THINK would have been next is this one, it's close enough just to print and cut a clipping with something realistic on the back.

Edit: I took screenshots of sections from the TimesMachine site (it won't let you just save an image of the whole page, you can only get the .PDFs of articles attached) and photoshopped them together. It's close enough for our purposes I think.
Found the Ark Back.png Found the Ark Front.png

Attachments

• Found the Ark Back.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 169
  • Englishmen Found the Ark.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back