Indiana Jones LEGO Maxifig

Dangerhawk

I wanted to teach my 8-year old son CAD...so we measured a LEGO minifig with calipers and recreated it.

Then we blew it up 4X (to about 6 inches tall), 3D printed it and painted it to look like Indiana Jones.

It is articulated just like a real minifig.

IMG_1940.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic! What CAD do you use? I’m pretty sure parts like the arms would take me much longer than an 8year old would have attention span for, haha. Looks like you guys nailed it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used TinkerCAD...it is a free online CAD program. It has pretty limited tools...but it is great for beginners and for learning how to build with CAD. The arms, hat and whip were super hard to do.

I used TinkerCAD...it is a free online CAD program. It has pretty limited tools...but it is great for beginners and for learning how to build with CAD. The arms, hat and whip were super hard to do.

I can imagine! I use solidworks, a professional CAD software, and even then, the arms, hat, and whip wouldn’t have been terribly easy geometry to replicate.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back