Indiana Jones Flying Wing

Krest

Hey all,

this is the very first peak at my latest project. The Flying wing from Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark. Since there are very few Models available, I will do it all in 3D and 3D-Print it. I am aiming for something around 1/48 to 1/32 scale. Files will be free to download one done (may take a while, though)

indy-wingy.png

Cheers,

Till

Hey all,

this is the very first peak at my latest project. The Flying wing from Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark. Since there are very few Models available, I will do it all in 3D and 3D-Print it. I am aiming for something around 1/48 to 1/32 scale. Files will be free to download one done (may take a while, though)

View attachment 631350

Cheers,

Till

Thanks for sharing your 3D work in the future.

TazMan2000

How big is the model going to be in either 1/48 or 1/32 scale?

I could't find any reliable measurements of the flying wing yet, but my guess is, that the wingspan must have been around 23 meters / 75 ft that would make the mode around 48 cm / 19 in or 72 cm / 28 in respectively. (alle measurements inculde some rounding & conversion margins - your calculations may differ)

Here is a scaled down test print - just a proof of concept (to myself ;))

The gap in the middle is from warping during cooling. Should be less in the larger scale, otherwise I will have to print it a bit larger and sand it down.

IMG_4180.JPG

@Krest, I know it's a bit late, but here's a drawing of the flying wing from the Rinzler making-of book, where it says the wingspan is 84':

IJ Flying Wing drawing.jpg

EDIT: Also when it had five propellers instead of two. So... Not really sure how much this helps actually haha

SB

Here is a scaled down test print - just a proof of concept (to myself ;))

The gap in the middle is from warping during cooling. Should be less in the larger scale, otherwise I will have to print it a bit larger and sand it down.

View attachment 631667
Hi Krest, did you ever complete this 3D model, I really want to print one to 1:18 scale. Cheers David

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back